Jihad on our doorstep II

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Re: Current T.V. of Interest.

Postby maz » March 13th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Victoria Plum wrote:
Other current TV of interest of a non-scientific kind is "Larkrise to Candleford", but only one more episode unfortunately. I have loved every minute of it.
me too, although I missed the first episode. It's so well made, and so well acted, as Cranford was too.

Loving Dancing On Ice. The gracefulness of good ice-dancing moves me greatly.
this is from last week's semi-final - I thought they were the best
Suzanne Shaw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IYCOQM4WXrw

this was good - the whole group in the competition, including the trainers - Torville & Dean, doing 60's music ice-dance
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uTniczizNSU
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Jihad on our doorstep II

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » November 8th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Some latest news...

Armed police arrest four men amid fears of Islamist Remembrance Day terror plot

Four suspected Islamist terrorists have been arrested by armed police on suspicion of plotting attacks in the UK – amid fears of a Remembrance Sunday plot.

Those arrested included a 19-year-old High Wycombe man who neighbours said had returned from a trip to Pakistan earlier this year and was described as having been recently radicalised.

Police would not discuss whether the men had a specific target in mind but the timing of the raids raises the prospect that they may have been planning an incident on Remembrance Sunday.

It is understood there is no direct link to Syria or the terror group Isil but one line of police inquiry is likely to examine whether the men were planning a gun attack.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Re: Jihad on our doorstep II

Postby Lyn » November 8th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Why do we need a "Jihad on our doorstep II" ? What was wrong with the first one?

Ay caramba!
Lyn

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » November 9th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Victoria Plum wrote:Why do we need a "Jihad on our doorstep II" ? What was wrong with the first one?

Ay caramba!

It's gone off-topic for reasons I've stated on there Victoria. Pointing them out has proved fruitless, so in future if/when it happens on a thread I'm following/posting on, I'll start a new thread instead. Alternatively, if it is allowed to return on-topic, I'll post there instead of on this one.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » November 9th, 2014, 1:36 pm

In the meantime...

Jihadi terror plots - the High Wycombe connection

The arrest of Mr Syed, and that of three other men held in the west London suburbs of Hounslow, Southall and Uxbridge, is believed by police to have foiled plans by a home-grown terror cell to stage a suspected gun attack, with fears that the target were the Remembrance Sunday services taking place today to honour the country’s fallen. But it also raises disturbing questions about what appears to be the radicalisation of a significant number of young British Muslim men in High Wycombe, a now-sprawling former market-town strung along the M40 in Buckinghamshire, midway between London and Oxford.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Theophilus » November 10th, 2014, 9:33 pm

If this is going to be a general thread about the threat of Islamic jihad in non-Muslim, particularly western, countries. Then I will post again these links to documentaries about how Islam is disseminated in the UK to Muslims who are born in this country (and may even be 2nd, 3rd or more generation).

Undercover Mosque
A video about how Saudi Arabia funds mosques in the UK and allows a pro-Saudi, anti-western, teaching to be spread throughout the UK. Now 7 years old, little has been done to modify Saudi Arabia's behaviour, so this problem will not have gone away in the last decade, but only got stronger.

Various Muslim groups strongly criticized the documentary for being biased (although this criticism was included in the documentary itself, which somewhat diminishes these claims), but all criticism were dismissed when investigated.

The documentary-makers then made another documentary to firmly establish that dissemination of Islamic hate-speech was still going on in mosques throughout the UK:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr1al0 ... urn_webcam

=====

There is also a documentary made around the same time about hate-speech and intolerant views being taught in Islamic Schools.

Lessons in Violence and Hate

=====

Western Europe, and ultimately Eastern Europe, Greece, and the Balkans survived the onslaught of Islamic states and regained their freedom. But never did any of these nations, whilst free and independent, allow such free reign to Islam within their own borders like it has now. That is the big issue.
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » November 11th, 2014, 8:40 am

Theophilus wrote:If this is going to be a general thread about the threat of Islamic jihad in non-Muslim, particularly western, countries.

I was hoping the other thread was going to be about this. Since it isn't, I'm hoping this one will.

Thanks for the detail. I'll have a look.
Last edited by SwordOfTheSpirit on November 11th, 2014, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » November 11th, 2014, 8:41 am

Pondero. I've responded here to your post on Pg17 of the other thread.

You wrote:Well SOTS,that when you look at the politics and religion of Saudi Arabia, one thing startles one, and that is Saudi Arabia will not allow the building of Christian churches in its land, or allow Christian missionaries to enter therein. I contrast this with the mosque I see in Etobicoke, allowing freedom of religion to our Muslim minority.

When I first started taking an interest in the plight of persecuted Christians in 2009, it became evident after a while that in just about every country where Islam is the dominant religion, Christians are persecuted. Not only this, but there are severe penalties/repercussions for anyone who converts from Islam to Christianity.

You wrote:Also, I note, sadly that it is in Canadian mosques that radicalisation of youngsters takes place and they go off to the Middle East and join ISIS.

Again regarding the persecuted church, I find it odd how after Friday prayers, the result seems to be a stirring up in some to go out and commit violence against Christians. Last year, I was reading a lot about what was happening to the Coptic Christians in Egypt. No freedom of religion for them!

Where the radicalization of youngsters in Canada are concerned, do you find that where political leaders are concerned, there is a fear of speaking out, in order not to offend?
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Pondero » November 11th, 2014, 10:18 am

SwordOfTheSpirit wrote:Pondero. I've responded here to your post on Pg17 of the other thread.

You wrote:Well SOTS,that when you look at the politics and religion of Saudi Arabia, one thing startles one, and that is Saudi Arabia will not allow the building of Christian churches in its land, or allow Christian missionaries to enter therein. I contrast this with the mosque I see in Etobicoke, allowing freedom of religion to our Muslim minority.

When I first started taking an interest in the plight of persecuted Christians in 2009, it became evident after a while that in just about every country where Islam is the dominant religion, Christians are persecuted. Not only this, but there are severe penalties/repercussions for anyone who converts from Islam to Christianity.

You wrote:Also, I note, sadly that it is in Canadian mosques that radicalisation of youngsters takes place and they go off to the Middle East and join ISIS.

Again regarding the persecuted church, I find it odd how after Friday prayers, the result seems to be a stirring up in some to go out and commit violence against Christians. Last year, I was reading a lot about what was happening to the Coptic Christians in Egypt. No freedom of religion for them!

Where the radicalization of youngsters in Canada are concerned, do you find that where political leaders are concerned, there is a fear of speaking out, in order not to offend?

Yes, I do, to answer your last point. Our Mr. Trudeau, leader of the Liberal party is reported to have said the following in today's Huffington Post.

TORONTO -- Liberal leadership contender Justin Trudeau told an Islamic conference Saturday that groups who attacked his decision to attend the gathering only work to divide Canadians.

Trudeau told a crowd of thousands at the Reviving the Islamic Spirit conference in Toronto that his critics attempted to tap into "fears and prejudices" that sap the acceptance of others.

"It is short-sighted to pit groups of Canadians against one another. It may make some feel good for a little while, or even work politically in the short term, but it is no way to build a country," Trudeau said in a keynote address.

Trudeau has a recent history of putting his foot in his mouth, and the sad part is he has a fair chance of becoming our next Prime Minister. Heaven help Canada if that ever happens!
He attended a mosque some time ago in the Montreal area which is notorious for radicalising youngsters to fight for ISIS.
The leader of the NDP ,Mr.Mulcair seems to be sitting on the fence. However. Mr.Harper and his Conservative government do speak on the dangers of Muslim extremism.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby GregB » November 11th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Post moved forward to avoid being buried under incoherent twaddle.
Last edited by GregB on November 11th, 2014, 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The war of peoples will be more terrible than those of kings."
- Winston Churchill (1901)
GregB

Next

Return to In depth