Jihad on our doorstep II

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Re: Jihad on our doorstep II

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » November 21st, 2014, 1:57 pm

There is another aspect to the Jihad in our midst that's easy to overlook...the plight of those Muslims who wish to deconvert.

Fiaz wrote:"My own household, my brothers, my parents, they don’t want anything to do with me. They’d rather see me dead."

“When an Asian girl turns away from the culture or the religion itself then it’s all about honour. They are at greater risk than the men are," he warns. "There are hundreds and hundreds of women across the country who have turned away from Islam. And there are those who are still at home but they are too afraid to turn away because they don’t feel that they have anywhere to go.
"Right now ... there are girls who are beaten, who are abused, and they are afraid to go out and tell others because they feel that if they did and they get caught, that’s the end of the road. I came across a girl a year ago and her own brother raped her. She is still at home. If she had an escape route she would take it.”

Christian Concern launches 'Safe Haven' initiative to help those leaving Islam.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Pondero » December 16th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Another attack by Muslim militants ( Taliban) leaves 120 dead, many of them children, in a school in Peshawar (a town my father was in when in the British army,in British India). In Sydney, Australia, a mentally deranged (some think) follower of Islam, murdered a coffee shop owner and a customer. Few media outlets here in Canada are prepared to call a spade a spade. The king of Jordan says these attacks are a Muslim problem.He is right of course.
Recently two Canadian soldiers were murdered by a Muslim fanatic, one outside Parliament, the other walking in uniform in Quebec Province.
When are we going to wake up to this war of Muslim fanatics, which are both against us and their fellow Muslims. This evil must be eradicated.Try stopping immigration, for starters. Deport trouble makers and speak out against Sharia law in western nations. Support the weekly demonstrations held in Germany against Muslim immigration.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Val » December 16th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Canada and especially Ontario has serious problems with extremist Muslims, where weak legislators agreed to Sharia in a limited way but seemingly have forgotten the Christian culture of its citizens, this to appease the wealthy Muslims and special funding from Saudi Arabia, similar in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Spain and to a lesser extent France and UK. I believe it is time to say enough is enough, if some immigrant wishes to live under Sharia law then let him shag off back to Saudi or Pakistan or where ever he felt the need to flee and seek refuge under western principals
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby Pondero » December 16th, 2014, 4:55 pm

In Ontario Premier McGuinty refused to allow Sharia law to become the law of Ontario, I mean that Muslims like Catholics (who have tribunals for annulment of marriage) can have such religious courts and tribunals, but cannot make them Ontario law.The Muslims were pushing hard to have their Sharia laws the laws of Ontario.

We are known to pay welfare benefits to the wives, (plural) of Ontario Muslims, thus condoning polygamy. It is a disgrace.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Theophilus » February 26th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Over a quarter of British Muslims have sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo terrorists. That is far too many

The title of an article in response to the BBC's research which revealed 25% of Muslims sympathize with the motives of the Charlie Hebdo attackers. The article is in particular a response to the BBC's slightly disingenuous headline: “Muslims ‘oppose cartoon reprisals’”.

It’s a reassuring headline. It’s also wrong. Many Muslims - a majority - do indeed utterly oppose the murderous killings in Paris. But a very, very large number of Muslims don’t. Presented with the statement “I have some sympathy for the motives behind the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris”, 27 seven percent agreed with the statement. A further 2 per cent refused to answer the question. And an additional eight percent said they were unsure whether they had some sympathy or not.

That is a shocking figure. And an utterly shaming one for Britain’s Muslim community. If this poll is accurate, over a quarter of British Muslims overtly sympathise with the motives of those responsible for the cold blooded murder of 16 journalists, police officers and Jews.

Read More>>
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Lyn » March 12th, 2015, 9:53 am

I agree with you Val. Jihad is not our doorstep and if it is atm, it will go away in the same way the Northern Ireland troubles did.
Lyn

Postby Theophilus » March 12th, 2015, 10:34 am

Victoria Plum wrote:I agree with you Val. Jihad is not our doorstep and if it is atm, it will go away in the same way the Northern Ireland troubles did.

I think you have responded to an earlier post, Vix. Val's most recent post was:

Val wrote:Canada and especially Ontario has serious problems with extremist Muslims, where weak legislators agreed to Sharia in a limited way but seemingly have forgotten the Christian culture of its citizens, this to appease the wealthy Muslims and special funding from Saudi Arabia, similar in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Spain and to a lesser extent France and UK. I believe it is time to say enough is enough, if some immigrant wishes to live under Sharia law then let him shag off back to Saudi or Pakistan or where ever he felt the need to flee and seek refuge under western principals

...which doesn't say that "Jihad is not on our doorstep". Unless you do agree with the above post?
Theophilus

Postby GregB » March 12th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Victoria Plum wrote:I agree with you Val. Jihad is not our doorstep and if it is atm, it will go away in the same way the Northern Ireland troubles did.

Wishful thinking. It is not only on our doorstep but it is growing by the day, especially if one considers areas now being encroached on by Islamist radicals (currently notably IS) in the Middle East and elsewhere as antechambers to our own supposedly safe, 'cosy', societies, not least for the exponentially rising numbers of radicalised Muslims (if that isn't a tautology) within them.

To compare this with the Northern Ireland troubles is absurd, the current rise of Islamic jihadism having absolutely nothing in common with that highly localised, sectarian conflict without any international reach whatsoever.
"The war of peoples will be more terrible than those of kings."
- Winston Churchill (1901)
GregB

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » March 12th, 2015, 1:43 pm

Removed. Just noticed that Theophilus has posted on the Islamist sympathiser launching a muslim manifesto here
Last edited by SwordOfTheSpirit on March 13th, 2015, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Theophilus » March 12th, 2015, 3:42 pm

Something which did make the news in the past few days, more as a general interest piece than an incident of serious importance was about an interview between a Lebanese TV presenter and an Islamic hardliner:

Lebanese TV presenter cuts short interview with Islamist scholar

Good on the presenter. But what is of interest with regards to this thread, is that the sheikh who had such ojectionable views is "London-based". Lebanon is a fairly liberal state (which may have something to do with having such a relatively large Christian population influencing the culture), but even so it is worrying to see a UK-based Muslim expressing views considered too extreme by the standards of the Middle Eastern pressure cooker.
Theophilus

PreviousNext

Return to In depth