Answers to climate change doubters.

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Re: Answers to climate change doubters.

Postby Sprocket » August 10th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Talk about the elephant in the room! The oil and automobile industries have a huge vested interest in denial, and are funding it.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » August 10th, 2015, 1:43 pm

On the other side, the Bank of America pledged $50 billion to combat climate change, and the EU committed at least 20% of its spending in the period 2014-2020. These figures I have references for.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » August 10th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Good for them! And your point is...?
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » August 10th, 2015, 2:55 pm

The point should be obvious that the Bank of America and the EU have been conned into believing into the unproved theory of Global Warming.All big-oil has to do is sit this one out until people come to their senses and stop wasting billions on wind farms and solar energy when much cheaper fossil fuels will keep electricity flowing and the economy going, with no danger of future disaster.
Common sense will eventually prevail.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » August 10th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Oh, for heaven's sake! :roll:
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » September 14th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Sprocket wrote:Oh, for heaven's sake! :roll:

You should look up recent articles by Dr.Tim Ball, a Canadian meteorologist,and climatologist. :hello:
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » September 14th, 2015, 9:41 pm

I've googled him. He's a fraud. Click here.
He has spoken twice at The Heartland Institute's International Conference on Climate Change, where he was presented as a former climatology professor at the University of Winnipeg.[23][24][25] However, critics have observed that, in fact, Ball was a professor of geography there, has been retired since 1996, and that, in fact, the University of Winnipeg does not have, nor has it ever had, a climatology department.[26][6]

Ball claimed, in an article written for the Calgary Herald, that he was the first person to receive a PhD in climatology in Canada, and that he had been a professor for 28 years,[29] claims he also made in a letter to the then-prime minister of Canada, Paul Martin.[30] However, on April 23, 2006, Dan Johnson, a professor of environmental science at the University of Lethbridge, wrote a letter to the Herald in which he stated that at the time Ball received his PhD in 1983, "Canada already had PhDs in climatology," and that Ball had only been a professor for eight years, rather than 28 as he had claimed. In the letter, Johnson also wrote that Ball “did not show any evidence of research regarding climate and atmosphere.”[27]

In response, Ball filed a lawsuit against Johnson. Ball's representation in the case was provided by Fraser Milner Casgrain.[31] Johnson's statement of defense was provided by the Calgary Herald, which stated that Ball "...never had a reputation in the scientific community as a noted climatologist and authority on global warming," and that he "...is viewed as a paid promoter of the agenda of the oil and gas industry rather than as a practicing scientist."[30] In the ensuing court case, Ball acknowledged that he had only been a professor for eight years, and that his doctorate was not in climatology but rather in geography,[27] and subsequently withdrew the lawsuit on June 8, 2007.[32][30]
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » September 14th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Tim Ball, PhD Is a historical climatologist, with teaching experience at the University level in Geography or meteorology,which he taught , if you read his articles ,which is more to the point, you will see he speaks the truth about climate change. That is why he is so disliked by the so called experts.
Climatology is a generalist subject in an age of speciality.

Typical of you Sprocket to attack the man, misinform people, and not read his works. He has written a book (which I heard of today ) called [i] The Deliberate Corruption of Climate Science [/i ] He is described as a meteorologist.
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » September 15th, 2015, 4:59 am

Read the Wikipedia article. He's misrepresented himself and his qualifications numerous times, and, according to the article, has never done research into climate change.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » September 15th, 2015, 10:43 am

I have read the wikipedia article and I don't draw the same conclusions from it that you do. I enjoy reading Tim Ball's writings on geography, climate change and an assorted group of similar topics. My view is that he is telling the truth.
I have much reading to do and little time to do it at present.
Pondero

PreviousNext

Return to In depth