Should Israel be charged with war crimes?

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Postby Val » January 6th, 2015, 8:22 pm

We will also deal with Palestinian terrorists as they also should be held accountable, but for now.

I won't go into too much detail but here are a few of the more widely known events that should be followed up, Just look back to 1982 when Israel military facilitated the massacre of over 3000 refugees in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps, Operation Cast Lead in 2008/9 when over 1400 Palestinians were killed 300 of these were children, out of the 13 Israelis killed 4 soldiers were killed by friendly fire, 3 were civilians.
The targets during cast lead were hospitals, ambulances, mosques, residential homes, a prison and a flour mill, water sanitation, and food supplies the Israelis used sophisticated targeting devices on remote controlled drones, tanks and helicopter-gunships they also dropped white phosphorus on civilian targets, Mosques were attacked during evening prayers ,schools were attacked during classes, a police graduation ceremony was attacked killing 99 policemen, in total 230 policemen were killed during that attack, the very infrastructure required for day to day living was targeted specifically to cause the utmost terror amongst the population, and to keep the population dependant on handouts from Israel and the West.
Operation protective edge in 2014 also targeted civilians bombing over 25 medical facilities, hospitals and health care centres, 203 mosques, 2 Christian churches and over 20,000 civilian homes, ambulances were once again targeted as were water treatment plants along with sewerage facilities, 4 children playing football on a beach were targeted and killed by artillery shelling.

“Israel’s disproportionate use of force shocked even U.S. military officials who told U.S. reporters that a Pentagon report showed Israel used 11 artillery battalions to fire 7,000 shells into the Shujaiya neighbourhood of Gaza City during a 7-hour period. Retired Lt. General Robert Gard said that if the report was even “half-right, Israel’s response was absolutely disproportionate.”

2,100 Palestinians killed over 500 were children, 66 Israelis killed 6 civilians and one child
Almost 500,000 Palestinians are now homeless in Gaza.
So what do you think?
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stuart Mill

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Val

Re: Should Israel be charged with war crimes?

Postby Sprocket » January 6th, 2015, 10:46 pm

Ydes, but I really don't want to get into another endless argument about Israel/Palestine.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby GregB » January 7th, 2015, 8:07 am

No, but like Steve I really don't want to get into another endless argument about Israel/Palestine. We are all more than familiar with each other's views on the issue.
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » January 11th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Val wrote:Should Israel be charged with war crimes?

No. I also will not be commenting further.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Val » November 9th, 2015, 7:54 pm

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stuart Mill

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Val

Postby Pondero » November 9th, 2015, 9:22 pm

From what I saw on the video Val, my conclusion is that both sides are guilty of propaganda, quite normal when people are at war.
However, the video if I am to believe it is unbiased and factual , would lead me to conclude that Hamas and Hezobolla ought to be charged with war crimes, not Israel. There are currently attacks on peaceful Israeli civilians, totally unprovoked;but, then what do you expect when the Palestinian Arab side tells children on television to hate all Jews and kill them.One thing Israel should do is block the airwaves broadcasting this horrible hateful propaganda. It is a mystery to me why Israel doesn't do that.
A Palestinian child attacker was captured by the Israelis and receiving medical treatment for his injuries in an Israeli hospital. He had been brainwashed to hate Jews. I wonder what he thinks now, and now he knows the truth can he go back home and live in peace?
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Return to In depth