Dr Strangeheat

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Re: Dr Strangeheat

Postby Sprocket » August 13th, 2015, 11:51 am

Pondero wrote:I honestly have difficulty understanding your question, because you don't define 'orthodoxy'. Do you mean by orthodoxy, that there is or is not man-made climate change. When I receive an answer to that question from you I will then give an answer.
Orthodoxy is the belief that human-caused climate change is happening.
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » August 13th, 2015, 12:11 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Pondero wrote:I honestly have difficulty understanding your question, because you don't define 'orthodoxy'. Do you mean by orthodoxy, that there is or is not man-made climate change. When I receive an answer to that question from you I will then give an answer.
Orthodoxy is the belief that human-caused climate change is happening.

It is your belief, not mine. Anyhow you have answered the question, now I will answer yours.
First of all governments, followed by the IPCC yielded to political pressure from environmental groups that there was man made climate change, although there was no evidence for it. Later on they got scientists in the field to go along with the their theory and try to prove it, in return these scientists received funds. OK. That is it in a nutshell.
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Postby Pondero » August 13th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Good work by Godfrey. I know that in 2004 there was a hurricane in Port Charlotte FLORIDA, called Hurricane Charley, August 13th if memory serves.. It left our roof without many tiles. We have had nothing in the way of hurricanes since.Although doom and gloom was forecast, and steel shutter salesmen did a roaring business.
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Previous

Return to In depth