Moral Progress

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Re: Moral Progress

Postby Pondero » October 23rd, 2017, 4:09 pm

When I think about moral progress, or rather lack of it , and then listen to the media , TV ,radio or newspapers I notice that they all seem to have a new vocabulary, words like "hate, islamophobia, alt-right, ultra right, " keep on creeping into their speech. It is a veritable Tower of Babel out there. Never, will you hear a speaker on TV who is not a confirmed secular humanist, or Pro choice person,
Their views ,reflections of their editorial masters behind the screens control what we see and hear.There is more. It is what you don't hear that concerns me.You don't hear any news that indicates there are people in the world who think differently from them.
To counteract this news media, we have weak, ineffectual internet papers such as Lifesite News, and a few more.None have the money of George Soros .But, we must turn off, the main media and listen to those few that speak the truth.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Val » October 24th, 2017, 8:02 am

Pondero wrote:When I think about moral progress, or rather lack of it , and then listen to the media , TV ,radio or newspapers I notice that they all seem to have a new vocabulary, words like "hate, islamophobia, alt-right, ultra right, " keep on creeping into their speech. It is a veritable Tower of Babel out there. Never, will you hear a speaker on TV who is not a confirmed secular humanist, or Pro choice person,
Their views ,reflections of their editorial masters behind the screens control what we see and hear.There is more. It is what you don't hear that concerns me.You don't hear any news that indicates there are people in the world who think differently from them.
To counteract this news media, we have weak, ineffectual internet papers such as Lifesite News, and a few more.None have the money of George Soros .But, we must turn off, the main media and listen to those few that speak the truth.

The truth according to Lifesite news, is not the truth just a pandering to the religious with misrepresentation and innuendo, just like Trump, it is all for money not the betterment of society
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby Pondero » October 24th, 2017, 9:37 am

Val wrote:
Pondero wrote:When I think about moral progress, or rather lack of it , and then listen to the media , TV ,radio or newspapers I notice that they all seem to have a new vocabulary, words like "hate, islamophobia, alt-right, ultra right, " keep on creeping into their speech. It is a veritable Tower of Babel out there. Never, will you hear a speaker on TV who is not a confirmed secular humanist, or Pro choice person,

The truth according to Lifesite news, is not the truth just a pandering to the religious with misrepresentation and innuendo, just like Trump, it is all for money not the betterment of society

We know that abortion providers are doing it for the money and Lifesite news exposes them. (See today's issue).
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » November 2nd, 2017, 10:15 am

I wish we had someone like Trump running our country.We have gone completely nuts over indiginous rights.The Supreme Court will rule
today over the case of an Indian tribe in British Columbia who are opposed to a ski resort being built on 'sacred ground' because it would offend the spirits of the grizzly bear :grin: .No, I am serious.! :D

Our Prime Minister Trudeau wants to allow over 300,000 immigrants in next year and increase the numbers year by year. Will that figure include the number of illegals who crossed over into Quebec from the states recently?
I doubt it.The Canada Border Services union ( Customs and Immigration) is crying out for more staff to handle the situation, and aren't getting any.(see October 2017 Customs and Immigration details on the internet)
Yes, we need a Trump personality here to retain our sanity .
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby gone » November 2nd, 2017, 2:37 pm

Pondero wrote:I wish we had someone like Trump running our country.We have gone completely nuts over indiginous rights.The Supreme Court will rule
today over the case of an Indian tribe in British Columbia who are opposed to a ski resort being built on 'sacred ground' because it would offend the spirits of the grizzly bear :grin: .No, I am serious.! :D

Our Prime Minister Trudeau wants to allow over 300,000 immigrants in next year and increase the numbers year by year. Will that figure include the number of illegals who crossed over into Quebec from the states recently?
I doubt it.The Canada Border Services union ( Customs and Immigration) is crying out for more staff to handle the situation, and aren't getting any.(see October 2017 Customs and Immigration details on the internet)
Yes, we need a Trump personality here to retain our sanity .

Good for Trudeau, he seems like a decent guy unlike that sicker, than sick idiot, Trump. :twisted:
gone

Postby Pondero » November 2nd, 2017, 3:11 pm

Sanity has been restored.The Supreme Court has ruled in favour of the proposed ski resort, and not allowed the spirit of the grizzly bear to prevail.
We still need a Trump like personality over here to run this country. Trudeau doesn't care about the immigrants being Muslim. As if we don't have enough problems by allowing Muslims in.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Val » November 2nd, 2017, 6:00 pm

Pondero wrote:Sanity has been restored.The Supreme Court has ruled in favour of the proposed ski resort, and not allowed the spirit of the grizzly bear to prevail.

That's not sanity that is theft.

Aboriginal Canadians have spiritual and religious traditions that predate Christianity by some 15,000 years; their beliefs are just as valid as yours and are linked with these sacred lands. How would you like it if some band of thieving foreigners took over your sacred sites Fatima, Lourdes, Knock or even Rome to develop money making schemes that you would have no part in or profit from.
Canada's First Nations are not going to profit from this ski resort all they get is what they've always got “shafted” and more lands stolen for the rich white immigrants, the real shame is that most of the well off comfortable Canadians do not see them as the rightful owners of these lands

The least said about that bewigged excuse in the white house the better
Val

Postby Pondero » November 2nd, 2017, 6:47 pm

Val wrote:
Pondero wrote:Sanity has been restored.The Supreme Court has ruled in favour of the proposed ski resort, and not allowed the spirit of the grizzly bear to prevail.

Aboriginal Canadians have spiritual and religious traditions that predate Christianity by some 15,000 years; their beliefs are just as valid as yours and are linked with these sacred lands. How would you like it if some band of thieving foreigners took over your sacred sites Fatima, Lourdes, Knock or even Rome to develop money making schemes that you would have no part in or profit from.
Canada's First Nations are not going to profit from this ski resort all they get is what they've always got “shafted” and more lands stolen for the rich white immigrants, the real shame is that most of the well off comfortable Canadians do not see them as the rightful owners of these lands

About five percent of the population of B.C are aboriginal and of that 232k people the tribe in question is a small part. They, like other aboriginals came from elsewhere, they were not in BC, say 16,000 years ago. They were a nomadic people who didn't own land until it became opportune, in recent days to do so. Agreements to own land, if any were made by the Crown and the tribe at the time, when the country was first developed. The Supreme Court ruling I have not read but I know that the Indian tribe lost the case today. The ruling according to television centred on the right to religious freedoms, not land ownership.It was ruled that the belief in the spirit of the great grizzly bear did not supercede the right to build a ski resort.
We need Trump up here to counteract the actions of that liberal,confused excuse of a saviour, called Trudeau.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Val » November 2nd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Pondero wrote:
Val wrote:

About five percent of the population of B.C are aboriginal and of that 232k people the tribe in question is a small part. They, like other aboriginals came from elsewhere, they were not in BC, say 16,000 years ago. They were a nomadic people who didn't own land until it became opportune, in recent days to do so. Agreements to own land, if any were made by the Crown and the tribe at the time, when the country was first developed. The Supreme Court ruling I have not read but I know that the Indian tribe lost the case today. The ruling according to television centred on the right to religious freedoms, not land ownership.It was ruled that the belief in the spirit of the great grizzly bear did not supercede the right to build a ski resort.

http://canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org/intro2.html

As for BC being owned by the white settlers it like all other areas of Canada were stolen, the Clovis people were first nations of BC long long before the white man came.
The lands was theirs by right of usage and being there first
Val

Postby Pondero » November 2nd, 2017, 8:21 pm

https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-c ... 6/index.do

This is the decision of the Supreme Court of Canada , today on the ktunaxa Aboriginal tribe.

Nice try guys! :grin:
John Lennox
Pondero

PreviousNext

Return to In depth