Brexit

The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner.
Forum rules
The place to debate matters of faith and religion in a more rigorous manner. Differing perspectives from both Christians and non-Christians are actively welcomed, but contributors should come prepared to justify their opinions and beliefs, while showing due respect to the views of others.

Brexit

Postby Pondero » December 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm

. My old school pal from Yorkshire sent me a letter the other day, mainly about family, but he added his opinion in it about Brexit.He wrote in his letter which came with his Christmas card the following.Now we are both 84 years old and have long memories of the second world war and other things.

. What do you think of the protracted negotiations regarding the U.K. leaving Europe? I think I referred to our fathers efforts to beat the Germans , rescue the French and now be subject to their domination in my last letter (for your birthday in July?) And feel inclined to say 'tell them to********* to our politicians who are enmeshed in negotiations......let's get away from being governed by non elected bureaucrats and Human Rights Maniacs and Health and Safety nincompoops ( children should wear crash helmets when playing Conkers and you can't have bent cucumbers) It is just like a modern version of Monty Python Flying Circus cross breed with the Goon Shows!

There you have it, the reason for Brexit,.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Return to In depth