Religious Persecution in Canada

For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity.
Forum rules
For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity. Christians and members of any faith or of no faith are welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times. Remember that detailed discussion about the beliefs of a particular faith will be difficult if no member of that faith is available to take part.

Re: Religious Persecution in Canada

Postby Lyn » June 17th, 2012, 4:22 pm

And no-one stops them protesting, therefore they are not persecuted for their beliefs.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » June 17th, 2012, 4:46 pm

The Pro life group suffer insults from passers by when on a life chain in October ( I have been on more than one of them) but that is par for the course.
Nevertheless, Linda Gibbons is more effective as she saves lives directly. And she is persecuted because of an 18 year old bubble order which was supposed to be temporary.Our laws are unfair.I am on a strange computer at present belonging to my son-in-law at his house celebrating father's day. So I AM OFF THE BOARD FOR NOW. :shock:
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » June 17th, 2012, 8:53 pm

She ought to be locked up just for that truly emetic slogan on her placard.
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby Sweet Peace » June 17th, 2012, 10:19 pm

I think it's not as black or white an issue as most here seem to think. One time when I had an abortion because welfare had made it clear that I'd lose my three children if I had any more, one of the saddest things about that day was hearing the reasons given by other girls/women there - I have a trip overseas planned, I'm studying, etc. I can only conclude that many women would reach a stage when their lives become hollow and they think - this is what I killed for? No amount of material success will ever fill that hole.
I don't know what any of you would have done if faced with losing your children.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Pondero » June 18th, 2012, 12:14 am

What a heartless welfare office.Linda Gibbons had an abortion at one stage of her life.Like you she turned to Christianity for comfort.God does bring good out of evil.

(Unlike many conservatives politically, I do not complain about welfare, and as long as God gives me two toonies ($4.00) in my pocket, I give it to the first person begging outside the church, as I did this morning).Others do the same thing in our parish.
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Previous

Return to Talking Stick