Evolution and God

For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity.
Forum rules
For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity. Christians and members of any faith or of no faith are welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times. Remember that detailed discussion about the beliefs of a particular faith will be difficult if no member of that faith is available to take part.

Re: Evolution and God

Postby sarniajoy » November 8th, 2016, 11:58 am

Why don't you come back and post on R&E, NM? Did you leave because you know in your heart of hearts you couldn't gainsay the points put by those who don't see it your way?
sarniajoy

Postby NicholasMarks » November 8th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:Why don't you come back and post on R&E, NM? Did you leave because you know in your heart of hearts you couldn't gainsay the points put by those who don't see it your way?

My points are 100% accurate as far as Jesus Christ's teaching is concerned...I also know that many disbelievers have an unpleasant realisation ahead of them. I stopped writing to R&E to concentrate on formulating my web page amongst other things but I also like to go where I feel spiritually drawn and that is why I am here...My message is the same wherever I go...which is...follow Jesus Christ accurately because there is a huge and wonderful science supporting his teaching and it is such a shame that many will needlessly miss out...but as you know...many have firm and solid reasons not to follow righteousness even though they are mistaken.
NicholasMarks

Postby sarniajoy » November 8th, 2016, 1:24 pm

NicholasMarks wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:Why don't you come back and post on R&E, NM? Did you leave because you know in your heart of hearts you couldn't gainsay the points put by those who don't see it your way?

My points are 100% accurate as far as Jesus Christ's teaching is concerned...I also know that many disbelievers have an unpleasant realisation ahead of them. I stopped writing to R&E to concentrate on formulating my web page amongst other things but I also like to go where I feel spiritually drawn and that is why I am here...My message is the same wherever I go...which is...follow Jesus Christ accurately because there is a huge and wonderful science supporting his teaching and it is such a shame that many will needlessly miss out...but as you know...many have firm and solid reasons not to follow righteousness even though they are mistaken.

In your mind only! :roll:
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 8th, 2016, 1:55 pm

That sentence sounds like song lyrics, Sj.
If you can come up with a melody you might have a hit.
Lyn

Postby NicholasMarks » November 8th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
NicholasMarks wrote:

In your mind only! :roll:

I would suggest that millions have seen wonderful truth in Jesus's words over the years and also many tyrants have subdued many with them as well (iniquity)...besides a wonderful science that is becoming indisputably linked to his words. It doesn't matter that many still organise their lives in opposition to his teaching because it is their righteous works that will sustain them just as it is the unrighteous works of others that will be their downfall.

It's not too late, yet, I don't think, because reaching out for Jesus Christ is similar to reaching out for vital needs...it alters the genetic code, as many wild beasts will testify to...but you are still a million miles from grasping God's righteous science...we just have to hope that Wormwood is as well. (a million miles away, that is.)
NicholasMarks

Postby sarniajoy » November 8th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Oh dear, NM, get the help you so badly need with your problems!
sarniajoy

Postby different glory » November 11th, 2016, 9:32 am

NM, what science is it that you have in mind? I can think of many aspects of science which mesh with Jesus' teaching (such as the science of botany, exploring the amazing beauty and variety of the natural world - "even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these" - or, as mentioned, the political and social sciences, for the terrible instability which results from injustice. Or do you mean something more along the lines of Mary Baker Eddy?

Could you spell out a little more the science you have in mind? (Apologies if you've already done this - if so, give me a link to the post.)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » November 11th, 2016, 11:10 am

I didn't know Mary Baker Eddy espoused a philosophy like NM's, dg.

I read 'Science and Health' many years ago and I think his beliefs about science and health are different though there is some overlap. Phineas Quimby is another, in some respects more interesting than MB Eddy and iirc, something of a mentor to her.

Plenty have tried to pin Nicholas down to a particular denomination or school of thought without success, he says he has things in common with many.

(Looking for a synopsis of Eddy's book, I found this for anyone who is interested:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_a ... Scriptures)
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » November 11th, 2016, 11:18 am

Lyn wrote:That sentence sounds like song lyrics, Sj.
If you can come up with a melody you might have a hit.

Yeh sure, I am least musical person on this planet, I don't even like music.
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 11th, 2016, 11:34 am

I know that :D and thought about it just after making that comment, but you could pass your potential lyric onto a songwriter. You could be a Tim Rice to an Andrew Lloyd Webber, or a Bernie Taupin to an Elton. Maybe even a WS Gilbert to an Arthur Sullivan?

(Or maybe not.)
Lyn

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Stick