Stamp price hike!

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Re: Stamp price hike!

Postby sarniajoy » March 29th, 2012, 7:57 am

It has always been my job to write the cards, which is a real pain in the butt, especially in former years when there was well over 100 to write! I have cut the number down substantially. If one is never likely to see a person again, including members of my extended family, like cousins, what is the point?
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » March 29th, 2012, 1:05 pm

I see what you mean, when you send 100 or more cards that is an awful lot. I've no idea how many I send or give ( a lot are given), John does some too for his work colleagues, but nowadays it isn't as many as 100. I really like Christmas cards so I will not stop sending them. I have in the past known someone who said, instead of sending or giving a card, make a donation to such and such charity, which was really nice - but most people sent her a card and gave a donation which was even nicer.
I dislike e-cards. What are you supposed to do with them, print them off and hang them up with the others? That wouldn't do much for the environment. Also it doesn't show much thought on the part of the sender, they probably just send the same e-card to everyone. I recycle all paper and cardboard already and lots of shops take Christmas cards for that purpose (though I tend to put them in the recycling bin now that we have that facility). I keep the ones from special people.
Children like them too and think of the fun they have making cards for people, I would hate that to stop.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » March 29th, 2012, 1:32 pm

I can't say I like receiving cards much, even birthday cards (don't tell my kids! :D ) A donation to charity is a much better idea.
sarniajoy

Previous

Return to General discussion