Micro-finance

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Micro-finance

Postby 2ndRateMind » June 29th, 2012, 2:03 pm

It seems sad to me that people should be locked out of prosperity for the want of some minor sum such as £100.00.

I hope you won't think it spam if I reference this site, where you can help save the world for a tenner!

Best wishes, 2RM.
2ndRateMind

Re: Micro-finance

Postby different glory » June 30th, 2012, 12:47 am

Micro-finance without killer interest rates can make a huge difference; this sounds like a great organisation, 2RM! :)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby 2ndRateMind » July 2nd, 2012, 11:22 am

Thanks, DG. I only discovered it because the founder is an alumni of the university and course that I hope to do next year.

Best wishes, 2RM.
2ndRateMind

Postby Sweet Peace » July 2nd, 2012, 11:29 am

I also like the trend towards crowd funding. (from wiki)
Crowd funding or crowdfunding (alternately crowd financing, equity crowdfunding, or hyper funding) describes the collective cooperation, attention and trust by people who network and pool their money and other resources together, usually via the internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations. Crowd funding occurs for any variety of purposes, from disaster relief to citizen journalism to artists seeking support from fans, to political campaigns, to funding a startup company, movie or small business or creating free software.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby 2ndRateMind » July 2nd, 2012, 11:36 am

So do I, SP. It's the people's answer to the power that has long been in the hands of the wealthy. We can have our world now, in preference to theirs. The meek shall inherit!

Cheers, 2RM.
2ndRateMind

Return to General discussion