Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Pondero » June 25th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Lyn wrote:I went back to subject of opioids in my last post, Pondy, which is on previous page.

(Aren't you glad you are not gay Pondy? Grateul to have both feet in the heterosexual camp?)


Aren't you sorry you are straight Lyn?
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Lyn » June 26th, 2017, 4:12 am

Don't answer a question with a question Pondy, that's not the way to discuss things. For the record I am not sorry to be straight, I accept my sexual orientation.

I repeat: "Aren't you glad you are not gay Pondy? Grateful to have both feet in the heterosexual camp?"
Lyn
 
Posts: 47649
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:25 am

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby gone » June 26th, 2017, 7:26 am

Sprocket wrote:Some anti-gay people are indeed themselves gay and in denial - but they are a small minority. Most have religious reasons for their opposition to homosexual acts - reasons I disagree with, but I don't lazily assume that they are themselves gay. A small minority may be, but you have absolutely no evidence that Paul was - but what the hey: if claiming it with no evidence will annoy a few Christians, that's all that matters to you, right?



I make no apology for offending the anti-gay bigots who are evil, whether they are Christians or non believers. There are many gay Christians in this world, and good for them.
gone
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: September 28th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Pondero » June 26th, 2017, 8:51 am

Lyn wrote:Don't answer a question with a question Pondy, that's not the way to discuss things. For the record I am not sorry to be straight, I accept my sexual orientation.

I repeat: "Aren't you glad you are not gay Pondy? Grateful to have both feet in the heterosexual camp?"



I found your comment to be extremely offensive and after some time stewing about it, I replied in kind.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby gone » June 26th, 2017, 9:38 am

Maybe Pondero is a gay in denial! :lol:
gone
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: September 28th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Lyn » June 26th, 2017, 10:53 am

No he isn't, don't be daft.

Pondy what on earth was offensive about what I asked you?

There is something seriously wrong here. First you find the mention of cockroaches disgusting and now you can't be asked a simple question to which a yes or no answer would be appropriate. I had a very good reason for asking it and would still like you to reply.
I wasn't offended by you asking me a similar question even though answering a question with a question is a bad idea in a discussion.
Lyn
 
Posts: 47649
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:25 am

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Pondero » June 26th, 2017, 11:14 am

Lyn wrote:No he isn't, don't be daft.

Pondy what on earth was offensive about what I asked you?

There is something seriously wrong here. First you find the mention of cockroaches disgusting and now you can't be asked a simple question to which a yes or no answer would be appropriate. I had a very good reason for asking it and would still like you to reply.
I wasn't offended by you asking me a similar question even though answering a question with a question is a bad idea in a discussion.

To me it was offensive .I don't understand the bit about cockroaches. My encounters with those insects has been limited.Thank God.
I think although we both speak English , the English and Canadian idiomatic way of speaking, the subtle differences in language have been accentuated over the years so that we don't really understand each other, and sometimes are quick to take offence where none is intended.I am sorry for what I said to you now. We just both have to be careful about language use.
As for answering a question with a question , that is called the Socratic method.( At least part of the Socratic method used to draw out a discussion.)
You already know I am straight, part of the 98% of men who are not homosexual. The 2% get all the rights, some of which they are not entitled to, ..
I agree the 2% were harshly discriminated against in the past leading to the suicide of Alan Turing a great British scientist, even though I don't agree with his sexual exploits.That is all over and now the gay community has gone much too far in establishing so called rights.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Lyn » June 26th, 2017, 11:53 am

OK Pondy.
However what I asked was aren't you glad/grateful you are not gay and it would be helpful if you'd answer.
Lyn
 
Posts: 47649
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:25 am

Re: Legalization of opioids and other drugs.

Postby Pondero » June 28th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Lyn wrote:OK Pondy.
However what I asked was aren't you glad/grateful you are not gay and it would be helpful if you'd answer.

The obvious answer is Yes.i don't see how something so obvious can be helpful.I am grateful for a lot of things in life.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Previous

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron