Malta Today.

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Malta Today.

Postby Pondero » October 21st, 2017, 9:56 am

I was in Peterborough at a McDonalds restaurant on Tuesday enjoying a coffee and a muffin when I picked up a Toronto Star newspaper ,and on the front page was a photo of the remains of a car ,blown up to bits and the news that a female journalist had been murdered.
I don't know too much about it at present but I had my wife with me who is Maltese and a woman friend from Gozo. We were shocked, absolutely shocked.
Back in Toronto yesterday outside the Maltese Church , brothers in law kept quiet about it and when I mentioned it they were reluctant to say anything at all.I believe that was because they were Labour supporters, and Labour is in power.
The wife of one walked me back to our cars ,while my wife stayed on the church steps chatting away about family affairs, like the annual Camilleri Christmas party.
My sister-in-law knew all the Maltese news , and she said in ominous tones.You have to be careful what you say in Malta today.
- more to follow on this topic.

. The European Parliament's PANA Committee honoured Daphne Caruana Galizia with a minute of silence at the start of today's meeting.
Chair Langen paid tribute to the journalist who met the committee delegation to Malta on February 20.
Ms Caruana Galizia had called for action against money laundering and terrorist financing in Malta, insisting that the Panama Papers revealed much more than tax evasion, they revealed crimes and corruption.
The committee will later ote on its draft report on the inquiry into money laundering, tax avoidance and tax evasion. :amen:

From the Times of Malta
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Return to General discussion