Money or integrity

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Money or integrity

Postby gone » October 26th, 2017, 1:27 pm

If you were offered a great deal of money to do something, which went against your moral integrity would you accept or refuse it? For instance, if you were asked to lie about the whereabouts of a person when a crime had been committed.

I would refuse to take money for anything which I believe to be wrong, even if I was strapped for cash. I would find it very hard to live with myself if I took money in such circumstances.
gone

Re: Money or integrity

Postby Lyn » October 26th, 2017, 2:34 pm

It's said everyone has their price. I don't know to be quite honest. Having been very hard up in past I might have done stuff to earn money if it hurt no-one. Not now but it is easy to say not now.
Lyn

Postby gone » October 26th, 2017, 2:47 pm

We weren't always as comfortably off as we are now, when we were first married in 1969 things weren't easy, but even then I know for a fact neither my husband and I would have accepted money in dubious circumstances.
gone

Postby GregB » October 26th, 2017, 3:46 pm

What are you doing back here? You flounced off in a huff for, ostensibly, the last time not long ago and every time you go, you always say you'll never come back, and yet here you are again!

I sense the need for a rest...
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby gone » October 26th, 2017, 4:15 pm

GregB wrote:What are you doing back here? You flounced off in a huff for, ostensibly, the last time not long ago and every time you go, you always say you'll never come back, and yet here you are again!

I sense the need for a rest...

Yep I am here again, no doubt my posts will raise your BP so I suggest you have medication to hand!
gone

Postby GregB » October 26th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Ho! Ho! No problem with blood pressure and all I really need to hand in your case is not medication but a revolver... :o :lol:
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby gone » October 26th, 2017, 5:30 pm

GregB wrote:Ho! Ho! No problem with blood pressure and all I really need to hand in your case is not medication but a revolver... :o :lol:

Dear, dear I take it you are posting from a secure unit! :D
gone

Postby Lyn » October 26th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:We weren't always as comfortably off as we are now, when we were first married in 1969 things weren't easy, but even then I know for a fact neither my husband and I would have accepted money in dubious circumstances.

I can't be certain I wouldn't have if I'd thought I could get away with it. Would depend what it was of course, nothing that would harm any person. Anyway didn't happen so all hypothetical.
Lyn

Postby GregB » October 26th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
GregB wrote:Ho! Ho! No problem with blood pressure and all I really need to hand in your case is not medication but a revolver... :o :lol:

Dear, dear I take it you are posting from a secure unit! :D

And I take it you're posting from another secure unit - ie. one with padded walls! :mrgreen:
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby Lyn » October 26th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Lyn wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:We weren't always as comfortably off as we are now, when we were first married in 1969 things weren't easy, but even then I know for a fact neither my husband and I would have accepted money in dubious circumstances.

I can't be certain I wouldn't have if I'd thought I could get away with it. Would depend what it was of course, nothing that would harm any person. Anyway didn't happen so all hypothetical.

I was thinking, I did do something to get some money many years ago of which I am not proud. In a way I wish I hadn't but in another way I think to myself, it was an experience, exciting in a way. Didn't involve hurting or stealing but not something I'd brag about.
Lyn

Return to General discussion