Burial or cremation!

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Re: Burial or cremation!

Postby Sprocket » October 28th, 2017, 9:06 am

Sarniajoy wrote:I think donating one's body to medical science is a good idea, but apparently it isn't that easy to arrange.

I'll leave any bits of me that can be used for transplants.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby gone » October 28th, 2017, 10:44 am

Sprocket wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:I think donating one's body to medical science is a good idea, but apparently it isn't that easy to arrange.

I'll leave any bits of me that can be used for transplants.

My husband and I have signed up to be organ donors.
gone

Postby Lyn » October 28th, 2017, 3:05 pm

I carried a donor card for years which I seem to have lost but I wonder if there is an age limit and obviously medical science doesn't want anything damaged or diseased - not that I am atm but if I live to be really old I might be. However and whatever, there will be bits of me left so Steve's woodland, green burial sounds nice enough for remains.
Lyn

Postby gone » October 29th, 2017, 11:13 am

There was an elderly neighbour of ours who used to visit his wife's grave three times a day, poor man :shock:

I only visited my father's grave once to view the gravestone on which my mother had insisted a ridiculous sum of money was spent. He would have been hopping mad with her, especially as he would have preferred to have been cremated. She was dumped on top of him when her time came 4 years ago, no doubt she is still giving him grief! :D

If my husband or children go before me hopefully their ashes will be scattered to the four winds. I prefer to remember people as they were in life.
gone

Postby Lyn » October 29th, 2017, 3:04 pm

So do I sarnie - my main concern is not causing any inconvenience to anyone left behind - but everyone feels differently and there is no right or wrong. I have fallen in love with Steve's burial idea (won't be here to see it of course).
Lyn

Previous

Return to General discussion