Yet another gun massacre in the US

A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic
Forum rules
A place for serious discussion on any non-religious topic

Yet another gun massacre in the US

Postby Sarniajoy » November 6th, 2017, 1:45 pm

The cretin in the White House has excused the terrible gun massacre in Texas! :shock:

President Donald Trump, on a tour of Asia, said guns were not to blame for the shooting.
"We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, but this isn't a guns situation," he said.

I bet if it had been carried out by a non white national Trump would have been screaming, 'TERRORISM', and mental health issues wouldn't have been mentioned.

How many more shootings will it take before the US wakes up to the fact their gun ownership doesn't make them any safer?
Sarniajoy

Re: Yet another gun massacre in the US

Postby Lyn » November 6th, 2017, 2:00 pm

It will take a long time to make inroads into the US gun culture mentality.
The Texas church gun massacre is a terrible tragedy. Everyone is the small rural town will be affected in some way.
Lyn

Postby GregB » November 6th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:The cretin in the White House has excused the terrible gun massacre in Texas! :shock:

President Donald Trump, on a tour of Asia, said guns were not to blame for the shooting.
"We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, but this isn't a guns situation," he said.

I bet if it had been carried out by a non white national Trump would have been screaming, 'TERRORISM', and mental health issues wouldn't have been mentioned.

How many more shootings will it take before the US wakes up to the fact their gun ownership doesn't make them any safer?

In the first place, your remark that Trump excused the gun massacre is quite wrong. He simply pointed out that there are crazy individuals who will find any means to inflict their hatred on others. The problem isn't the availability of guns (and in a population of over 300 million, these shootings are, in fact, isolated incidents.) Moreover, one of the officials of that church congregation had a rifle at his disposal (as in most cases in America, solely for defence) and used it with warning shots to make the killer flee, who would surely have killed the rest of the people there otherwise.

As for the comment about a 'non-white national', it's pertinent to point out that the most recent murderous assault on innocent victims in America was carried out the other day in Manhattan by an Uzbeki Muslim terrorist called Sayfullo Saipov, the latest in a long line of Islamic jihadi terrorists. This is nothing to do with racism, as you imply, but everything to do with Islamic jihadism.
"A fat woman is trying to diet while an ageing spinster is dying to try it."
- Anon
GregB

Postby Sarniajoy » November 6th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Lyn wrote:It will take a long time to make inroads into the US gun culture mentality.
The Texas church gun massacre is a terrible tragedy. Everyone is the small rural town will be affected in some way.

I doubt they will ever make inroads into their crazy gun culture mentality, especially whilst that dangerous idiot, Trump, is president.
Sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 6th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Trump won't be around forever, floo, but I think when someone more liberal is eventually elected, it will still make few inroads on the culture.
At times like this I wish Bev was here, she spoke of it often and was someone actually living in the USA, her brother a republican police officer, and she understood the gun mindset without wanting to own a gun.
Lyn

Postby Sarniajoy » November 6th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Lyn wrote:Trump won't be around forever, floo, but I think when someone more liberal is eventually elected, it will still make few inroads on the culture.
At times like this I wish Bev was here, she spoke of it often and was someone actually living in the USA, her brother a republican police officer, and she understood the gun mindset without wanting to own a gun.

Trump has made the US look completely idiotic. His departure can't come soon enough for this planet, however that is achieved, imo.
Sarniajoy

Postby GregB » November 6th, 2017, 4:32 pm

I would refer anyone following this thread to my ignored earlier post, which I think deserved some kind of reasoned response (eg. my point that for all the clichéd talk of 'gun culture', these mass shootings are actually isolated incidents in a population of over 300 million people and where, in this case, a rifle actually prevented further deaths.) Just to add that there have been far more fatalities in the US from terrorist-related incidents than any crazy lone-wolf killings.
- Anon
GregB

Postby Pondero » November 6th, 2017, 5:28 pm

GregB wrote:I would refer anyone following this thread to my ignored earlier post, which I think deserved some kind of reasoned response (eg. my point that for all the clichéd talk of 'gun culture', these mass shootings are actually isolated incidents in a population of over 300 million people and where, in this case, a rifle actually prevented further deaths.) Just to add that there have been far more fatalities in the US from terrorist-related incidents than any crazy lone-wolf killings.

I agree with Greg here , our and their real problem is with Islam and it's adherents who take the Koran literally.It is a book of hate, and nothing but hate.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Sarniajoy » November 6th, 2017, 5:32 pm

The Bible isn't any better if the deeds attributed to god were true, is would be an evil psycho if it exists. :twisted:
Sarniajoy

Postby GregB » November 6th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Oh, come on, what on earth has that got to do with the original matter in hand on the thread (and, again, my earlier post) where one might have hoped for a serious discussion, for heaven's sake?

Never mind, I just give up and I'm out of here...
- Anon
GregB

Next

Return to General discussion