Is the government of NewZealand anti-Semitic?

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

Re: Is the government of NewZealand anti-Semitic?

Postby Lyn » December 25th, 2016, 8:11 am

Israel 'thinks' it can do no wrong.

It is not anti-semitic to believe that. There's no personal animosity against Jews of whichever ethnicity or type of religion (or none). The nation of Israel is too big for its boots.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » December 25th, 2016, 10:40 am

Sprocket wrote:The settlements are illegal under international law, they make any hope of peace almost impossible, they intimidate the Palestinians, and they are discriminatory:the occupied territories are criss-crossed by roads only Israelis are allowed to use. If it was any other country, there'd be an international boycott in place against Israel until it withdrew from the occupied territories, but the USA's hard-right evangelical Christian lobby, which is powerful and manages to be on the wrong side of most issues, means that America will always veto any move to boycott it.

International law doesn't mean much when it comes from the (dis) United Nations.The Christians and Muslims do live in peace in Israel and some join the armed forces and are members of parliament .Sadly we know of Hamas who rule those in the West Bank like Al Capone ruled Chicago's underworld in the thirties. The Arab people cannot express themselves freely in the West Bank.There is no democracy there as there is in Israel.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » December 27th, 2016, 9:22 pm

This has been suggested:

"......everyone writing to the Israeli ambassador where they live asking him/her to ask Netanyahu to reconsider, and to accept that this resolution is by no means "biased and shameful".

My gut reaction was that Israel will not listen to any of us, they believe they can virtually walk on water, however I've given it some thought and it is definitely worth a shot.
Lyn

Postby Val » December 28th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Where Israel came from

The United Kingdom was just about bankrupt after World War 1 and couldn't afford to pay off its debts to the Bank; N M Rothschild & Sons, so with a fair bit of wheeling dealing a pact was struck by the UK Government and playboy waster but wealthy Walter Rothschild on 2nd November 1917 to create a Jewish homeland in British controlled Palestine instead of collecting the debt

The wording as laid out below

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

This is the land that Israel occupies today, bought by Rothschild from the UK and stolen from the Palestinian people.

Before this made up state of Israel arrived, Palestine it was a very progressive country where Palestinians of all religions, Christian, Muslim and Jewish lived in peace and inter-married for centuries, but then Zionist organisations in Europe funded by the Rothschilds and other wealthy Jewish movements organised and financed massive migration of Jews from Eastern Europe and the USA to colonise Palestine, they are still doing it today so that any Jewish person no matter their nationality or when they converted can migrate to Palestine and be given a nice home and $25,000 to help settle in.

"Palestine has been a “Holy Land” for 2,000 years for Jews, Christians and Muslims. Holy lands should be sanctuaries where peace, tolerance and respect for others are absolute requirements. The exclusion implied by the notions of “promise land” and “chosen people” have interrupted the peace. These were never meant to be understood literally. Jerusalem should be true to its name, as “the city of peace.”
Ruel F. Pepa
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby Pondero » December 28th, 2016, 11:11 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Pondero on December 29th, 2016, 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » December 28th, 2016, 11:25 pm

In answer to Lyn's post, I don't agree with her proposal to complain to the Jewish ambassadors .The Jews are in Israel to stay . all of it.
Now I think America , which has interfered in Iraq, and Afghanistan under Bush should butt out and stop interfering in Israel's affairs. And that sentiment applies to rest of the world too, including the disUnited Nations.Once President Trump is in office we will see Israel treated fairly, for a change.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » December 30th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Pondero wrote:Deleted

Never saw your original response to Val. Perhaps this may help, now and in the future?

What Really Happened in the Middle East
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Val » December 30th, 2016, 5:41 pm

SwordOfTheSpirit wrote:

Never saw your original response to Val. Perhaps this may help, now and in the future?

All I can say about that piece of bullshit propaganda is that anyone who believes it to be true seriously needs education.

Look at the video again it mentions the Holocaust as if it was only Jews that were exterminated, what about the near 9 million Gentiles including 3 million Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, and prisoners of other nationalities deemed unsuitable.

On Palestine why in 1917 did the British Government recognise and understand it as a state and provide a portion to create a Jewish homeland?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine_(region)
"The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece,[7][8] when Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.[9][ii] Approximately a century later, Aristotle used a similar definition for the region in Meteorology, in which he included the Dead Sea.[11]"

History has a strange way of getting written by the victors.
In recent times in Northern Ireland or at least in the 6 counties under British jurisdiction, school children were not told about the Ulster Plantation nor of the stolen lands, the mass murders and deportations during the reign of King James I, you should read up on it sometime, they are not taught about the Irish Famine where in a few short years over 1.6 million people (Catholics) died from starvation, as British ships guarded by soldiers and loaded with flour, livestock and meat left our coast for the UK, US and Canada every week.

There are two sides to every story, maybe it is time you looked elsewhere for your information.
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby Sprocket » December 30th, 2016, 10:04 pm

SwordOfTheSpirit wrote:

Watched the first minute and a half. The usual half-truths, downright lies, irrelevances, and guilt manipulation with completely irrelevant stuff about the holocaust. Doesn't encourage me to watch the rest.
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » December 30th, 2016, 11:09 pm

We have moved a long way from discussing New Zealand's part in the last UN resolution which led to Israel recalling it's ambassadors from countries that voted for the resolution.
As we have different views on the rights and wrongs of the state of Israel we should transfer our comments to a more appropriate thread.,and perhaps close this one.
John Lennox
Pondero

Previous

Return to Politics