What do you make of President Trump

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

What do you make of President Trump

Postby Pondero » January 30th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Well, I think that the press are to blame for everything critical about his actions.As far as I understand them I agree with every executive action he has taken so far.
A poll reported on Fox news TV this morning showed 48% supported President Trump, while just over 40% disagreed with him.This leads one to ask the question, who is behind the protest movements at American airports?
The silent majority are ignored by the press.What else is new.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Re: What do you make of President Trump

Postby Lyn » January 30th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Too early to say. Let's wait a few months.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » January 31st, 2017, 1:16 pm

How anyone calling themselves Christian can support this vile racist, sexist bigot is beyond me.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » January 31st, 2017, 4:22 pm

As Mrs Teresa May says, she disagrees with President Trump. She thinks it is (not her business to intefere in US immigration policies) and said words to that effect, for which she is being wrongly criticized by anti Trump protestors in many cities in England.
He has to keep the country safe from Daesh terrorists.I wish our PM Trudeau would have similar restrictions. Let us face facts.France and Germany are a mess , and Sweden too because of lax immigration policies. I don't want that to happen in the USA or Canada. Muslims should be excluded and only Christians allowed in from those seven countries.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 31st, 2017, 7:34 pm

You are funny, Pondy.

So you would exclude Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and people of no religion?

Besides which anyone can say they are a Christian, even behave like one if they choose, doesn't mean they are.

There are Muslims who have legitimate business reasons, and family, in various countries and the idea of banning "all Muslims" from travelling is ridiculous and unworkable.

Makes me very glad I live here. Did you know the London Mayor is a Muslim, Pondy?
Lyn

Postby Pondero » January 31st, 2017, 10:38 pm

The intent of the 90 day Ban is to get the US house in order so that Muslims (who are the only religious groups causing trouble) can be screened properly.I do wonder why Saudi Arabia is not on the list.
In Canada we welcomed 50,000 refugees recently, and no priority was given to Christians by the government.Druze who are not Muslim or Christian were persecuted by Daesh and no preference was given to them either.
President Trump fired the acting attorney general yesterday because she would not enforce the executive order. He can't do anything about the federal judge in Boston who over ruled him allowing some Muslims in.That case will end up in court.
The US law is that no one has the right to enter the United States if they are not a citizen. A border services officer can turn anyone else away at the border he wants to, although in practice they go through a supervisor in secondary - same thing applies in Canada.

Edit. Yes, I did know the mayor of London is a Muslim. Did you know that the mayor of Calgary is too?
Last edited by Pondero on February 1st, 2017, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 31st, 2017, 10:57 pm

No I didn't. What's he like?
Lyn

Postby Pondero » February 1st, 2017, 10:24 am

Lyn wrote:No I didn't. What's he like?

I don't know but he must be quite popular with some in order to get elected.
Pondero

Postby Val » February 2nd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Sprocket wrote:How anyone calling themselves Christian can support this vile racist, sexist bigot is beyond me.

I think you'll find that many of the world religions do not consider all practising Catholics to be true Christians, many of the ones that I have come across in my business have more interest in money and power and showing off than anything spiritual, they are the Sunday morning Christian.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/sunday-morni ... oward.html
These are the ones following Trump to Trumpton

Thankfully it doesn't bother me any more, but there are some fine upstanding Catholics out there who do understand Christianity and I think Pope Francis is one
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stuart Mill

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Val

Postby Lyn » February 2nd, 2017, 7:22 pm

I think so too, Val. Now just imagine, if Pope Francis was an American and the Catholic Church HQ in New York? His influence would have been greater on the Presidential leadership campaigns than it was. Still, that's just a dream.

As for Catholics and Christians in general, there's good and bad in all shades; plenty of 'nominals', Sunday Christians and those who use the banner of Christianity to cover all sorts of dodgy deals. Including politicians. So it is stupid to only allow Christians into a country (albeit for only a finite period), anyone can say they are a Christian. They may even be able to provide proof on paper: baptismal certificate, wedding photo and the like and, most importantly, talk the talk.
Lyn

Next

Return to Politics