What do you make of President Trump

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

Re: What do you make of President Trump

Postby Pondero » January 17th, 2018, 11:08 pm

The phrase anti abortion came into existence from the pro abortionists. The reason being that to be "anti" of anything meant to oppose something good. And as the pro life movement was using the name Pro Life, they wanted to discredit it. Now of course, the Pro lIfe movement is not going away, and the pro abortion movement in America and Canada is declining. There are if I remember correctly about 21,000 people who attended the Ottawa march which I attended a couple of years ago, and they were composed of mainly Young People. In America where larger numbers hold marches , one was yesterday in Chicago, another later this month on the west coast. It is the same. Young People are marching and their numbers are increasing. This is frightening to the Pro abortion movement. Millions have died from abortion in America since Roe v Wade

The press virtually ignores these marches.
Last edited by Pondero on January 17th, 2018, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 17th, 2018, 11:08 pm

The White House doctor has indeed given Trump a clean bill of health - but Val was not questioning his health!

Trump is not 'pro-life'. Do you not think if one of his women - not one he's married - became pregnant he would not get them to an abortion clinic tout suite? That probably has happened over the years, just hasn't come out. He would have been able to buy silence anyway.

He pandered to the 'pro-lifers' in order to garner votes. Everybody knows that for Heaven's sakes.

He will get his comeuppance in due course.

Your definition of Pro-life is incorrect Pondy but we do know what you mean when you use the term. I didn't realise the term covers so much, Sprocket! I consulted various definitions, dictionaries and otherwise, on 'net and they all sid, "Opposed to abortion and euthanasia". However there must be more to it than that, maybe the dictionaries haven't yet caught up.

(I do think we are flogging a dead horse here as far as Mr Pondero is concerned.)
Lyn

Postby Pondero » January 17th, 2018, 11:11 pm

I read today the President Trump is either going to attend a Pro life march or send an approving message.

I found it.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/break ... ive-stream
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 17th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Great publicity for him, especially in some sectors. Wonder if he'll do the entire march or just make an appearance? Or perhaps just send an approving message, as you suggested.

I think you do not read any posts, at least not more than one sentence in any one. `it shows in your answers. Not much of a debate really.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » January 18th, 2018, 12:01 am

Lyn wrote:Great publicity for him, especially in some sectors. Wonder if he'll do the entire march or just make an appearance? Or perhaps just send an approving message, as you suggested.

I think you do not read any posts, at least not more than one sentence in any one. `it shows in your answers. Not much of a debate really.

If you bothered to read my edited post above about POTUS, instead of criticising me for not reading any posts you would know that he is going to address the March for Life on Friday, from the Rose Garden of the White House (snow permitting :grin: ) live via video. This is the first time this has been done by any US President.
Give the man credit for doing something right, as well criticising him for doing some things wrong.
Last edited by Pondero on January 18th, 2018, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 18th, 2018, 12:39 am

I have read all your posts, Pondy,and do not generally criticise but might draw attention to something - like you not reading other peoples' posts in full, which is quite evident.

Yes I did see he has agreed to address the march, we'll see. It still doesn't mean much except to his extremist and redneck voters who think of nothing other than abortion.

I saw you said so many women had died because of abortion, I have known women who have had abortions and not one of them died as a result! Is it any different in America?
Certainly illegal abortions, prior to 1967, did occasionally cause fatalities or illness, if they were not carried out by a medical professional in the right surroundings. Haemorrhage and infection were common. Since then I would think hardly anyone has died because of it. Now it is (usually) done with pills alone, no invasive procedure.

You are too obsessed with abortion, Pondy. There are plenty of other issues, open your eyes and see them!

Edited becos I got date wrong.
Last edited by Lyn on January 18th, 2018, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » January 18th, 2018, 2:30 am

I never said millions of women have died from abortion. Where you got that from is a mystery to me.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 18th, 2018, 5:55 am

Your post of 11.08 last night.

"Millions have died from abortion in America since Roe v Wade"

You didn't actually say 'women' but men don't have abortions. You must remember having posted that, in any case it was on this page at the top.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » January 18th, 2018, 9:38 am

Firstly, very few people are pro-abortion: most people think that it is sometimes the least bad option, but it is always a sadness.
Secondly, what has Trump actually done to ban or restrict abortion? Getting a bit of publicity by sending good wishes to a rally is easy, but doesn't achieve anything.
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

Postby Sprocket » January 18th, 2018, 9:40 am

Lyn wrote:Your post of 11.08 last night.

"Millions have died from abortion in America since Roe v Wade"

You didn't actually say 'women' but men don't have abortions. You must remember having posted that, in any case it was on this page at the top.

I assume Pondy was referring to the aborted foetuses.
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

PreviousNext

Return to Politics