What do you make of President Trump

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

Re: What do you make of President Trump

Postby Lyn » January 18th, 2018, 9:45 am

I did wonder that after posting, Sprocks.

I agree with you that usually nobody really wants an abortion, also wondered if Trump had taken measures to restrict abortion or is he just spouting hot air. I don't see how he can change anything much
Lyn

Postby Pondero » January 18th, 2018, 8:30 pm

It should have been obvious what I meant by my remarks now under discussion.There were 60 million abortions in America since Roe v Wade came into law 45 years ago.The estimates vary between 60 and 90 million abortions performed in the USA.

I was asked what President Trump has done to restrict abortion.
Since taking office, Trump has reinstated the Mexico City Policy, which prevents U.S. foreign aid from going to organizations that commit or promote abortion abroad. He has signed a law allowing states to defund Planned Parenthood, appointed a number of strong pro-life advocates to key Administration positions, and ended Obama's HHS contraception and abortion pill mandate requiring employers to violate their consciences.

Since Trump took office, the U.S. has stood up for the right to life at the United Nations. Trump pulled the U.S. out of a pro-abortion, pro-LGBT United Nations agency, UNESCO.

Lifesite News.
Last edited by Pondero on January 19th, 2018, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 18th, 2018, 9:22 pm

I didn't catch on straightaway, Pondy. Not unusual for me, you should know me by now.
So - Trump hasn't actually done very much. Interesting.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » January 18th, 2018, 9:58 pm

Lyn wrote:I didn't catch on straightaway, Pondy. Not unusual for me, you should know me by now.
So - Trump hasn't actually done very much. Interesting.

I think he has done an awful lot!
Anyway, the President doesn't make the law,Congress does that and somehow it has to be passed by the Senate. Then if passed the President approves of it.and signs it into law.
Under Clinton a law restricting partial birth abortion was passed but rejected by the President - he refused to sign it into law.
Under Obama church nuns had to pay insurance for contraception coverage for their employees. Things were really bad before Trump .
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » January 20th, 2018, 11:57 pm

I see the Pro Life March went off in Washington as planned, I don't have an estimate yet as to how many took part in it. I was surprised and pleased that CNN broadcast President Trump's speech live to Pro Lifers. In past times only EWTN broadcast this event live.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » January 21st, 2018, 8:04 am

As I thought, his new anti-abortion stance, and his more general support for (and from) conservative Christianity, is purely cynical and fake, and intended only to get him re-elected.
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » January 21st, 2018, 10:51 am

Sprocket wrote:As I thought, his new anti-abortion stance, and his more general support for (and from) conservative Christianity, is purely cynical and fake, and intended only to get him re-elected.

That is just.your opinion pulled out of the air without any facts to back it up, typical response of those who hated Trump before he became President. He did many good things in his first year as I pointed out in a previous post.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » January 21st, 2018, 11:15 am

One of the things President Trump said in his speech was.
. The United States is “one of only seven countries to allow elective late term abortions along with China, North Korea and others,” he said.

“It is wrong, it has to change.”0

I should include Canada as part of the seven countries allowing late term abortions .Much to Canada's eternal shame.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 21st, 2018, 11:59 am

I don't like the idea of late term abortions, find it horrific. Should only happen when there is real danger to the mother's life or if it is a very young girl who probably did't know she was pregnant. In those cases the foetus must be anaesthetised so there is no pain, that does happen. In an ideal world the mother would also be sufficiently medicated as to have little memory of it. It's horrible to think of but sometimes needs must.
Lyn

PreviousNext

Return to Politics