What do you make of President Trump

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

Re: What do you make of President Trump

Postby Sprocket » November 10th, 2018, 4:35 pm

sarniajoy wrote:I am hopeful that now the Democrats have a majority in the House of Representatives they will be able to block his crazier legislation, or at least modify it.

It is about time the American constitution was amended so a president is no longer the equivalent to a god having so much power.
S/he already isn't - they have a balance of power. Even with both houses dominated by the president's party, they are still constrained by the constitution, as Trump is finding out. There's plenty wrong with the USA, but god-like presidents isn't one of them. You must be thinking of North Korea.
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » November 10th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Being racist, if Trump is, has nothing to do with letting the world know what he earns. It's not our business.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » November 11th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Lyn wrote:Being racist, if Trump is, has nothing to do with letting the world know what he earns. It's not our business.

Of course it is the business of the voters in his country as to whether he is paying the amount of tax he should be paying. If I remember rightly he was boasting about his off shore accounts during the election campaign.
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 11th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Many people have off shore accounts. Business people employ clever accountants to save them money, it isn't illegal. I don't like Trump any more than you but unless he breaking the law his income is his business.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » November 11th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Lyn wrote:Many people have off shore accounts. Business people employ clever accountants to save them money, it isn't illegal. I don't like Trump any more than you but unless he breaking the law his income is his business.

The Democrats think he is doing something dodgy.
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 11th, 2018, 4:00 pm

If he is it's bound to come out eventually.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » November 11th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Lyn wrote:Many people have off shore accounts. Business people employ clever accountants to save them money, it isn't illegal. I don't like Trump any more than you but unless he breaking the law his income is his business.

The CRA says .

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... rders.html

Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Postby Lyn » November 11th, 2018, 7:28 pm

That's interesting.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » November 12th, 2018, 10:38 am

It's stupid enough posting a deeply irresponsible and possibly illegal comment like that on one forum, without repeating it on another.
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » November 12th, 2018, 11:19 am

Which document and where? Do you mean Pondy's Canadian one or something else? I don't frequent places that post things like Pondy's one.

Plenty of high profile people here are castigated for tax 'irregularities', very often they have worked within the law and, personally, had little knowledge of it because they left it in the hands of accountants. Professional accountants should keep within the boundaries of law.

Not a problem I have :-). Merely taxed at source (quite enough too!), life is not difficult from that point of view for me.
Lyn

PreviousNext

Return to Politics