Climate Change and Trump.

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

Climate Change and Trump.

Postby Pondero » June 2nd, 2017, 8:38 pm

My sources say that President Trump was wise to break the Paris agreement
"In his speech Trump clearly and articulately spelled out the flaws of the Paris agreement- flaws that app!y to Canada as well as the United States.Paris puts the U.S. at a disadvantage to its major trading nations. It requires a redistribution of wealth from the U.S. and Canada to other nations."
Terence Corcoran National Post. (Today)
He goes on to say that China India and African countries - will be allowed to dramatically increase their use of fossil fuels.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-co ... imate-deal

Lawrence Solomon says something similar above, Terence Corcoran below.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-co ... -oblivious
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Re: Climate Change and Trump.

Postby Lyn » June 4th, 2017, 10:14 pm

Lyn

Postby Sarniajoy » June 12th, 2017, 10:47 am

I believe global warming is caused by human activity, there appears to be enough evidence to support that conclusion. Therefore Trump wishing to do away with climate change policies, for what he sees as monetary gain, is worse than crazy! He is likely to be pushing up daisies before the world is irretrievably damaged by it! It is our children and grandchildren who are likely to feel the full horror of global warming, if steps aren't taken to reverse it, whilst we still can.
Sarniajoy

Postby Pondero » June 12th, 2017, 2:43 pm

I sincerely doubt that climate change is man caused. Global warming is what we are really speaking of here, but for some reason they don/t use the term much anymore.
The more carbon dioxide we emit leads to more oxygen for the green forests which are expanding.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Sarniajoy » June 12th, 2017, 3:05 pm

Pondero wrote:I sincerely doubt that climate change is man caused. Global warming is what we are really speaking of here, but for some reason they don/t use the term much anymore.
The more carbon dioxide we emit leads to more oxygen for the green forests which are expanding.

Many scientists would disagree with you, far better to be safe than sorry, imo.
Sarniajoy

Postby Pondero » June 12th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
Pondero wrote:I sincerely doubt that climate change is man caused. Global warming is what we are really speaking of here, but for some reason they don/t use the term much anymore.

Many scientists would disagree with you, far better to be safe than sorry, imo.

That should have read that p!ants give us the oxygen from CO2.

.The Paris agreement which Trump withdrew from did not ask for concessions from India or China.They were a!lowed to continue to belch out smoke .Meanwhile, the nutty environmentalists in Canada, want a carbon tax and they will not allow an oil pipeline to pass through British Columbia from Alberta to the coast, presumably for shipment of oil to China :scratch:
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » June 12th, 2017, 9:46 pm

The Maybot has just appointed the climate-change-denying Michael Gove environment minister. :evil:
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

Return to Politics