Barcelona under Muslim jihadist attack

Set the world to rights?
Forum rules
Set the world to rights?

Barcelona under Muslim jihadist attack

Postby GregB » August 17th, 2017, 5:23 pm

No, not 'Islamist' - simply Muslim, as all the violence and hatred is there in the Q'ran, even if most adepts don't follow those multiple commandments (most Muslims don't, or can't, even read the Q'ran, still less the Hadith or the Sira.)

I find it totally lamentable that my Barcelona, and my Judeo-Christian Europe, should be under seige by this scum (and I include the millions of unwelcome immigrants who are destroying our venerable civilisation.)

It's war Merkel, May, Macron, et al. Get used to it...

More immediately, the centre of Barcelona is in total lockdown and deserted, though occupied by the forces of law and order. We live in the outer suburbs, fortunately.
Last edited by GregB on August 17th, 2017, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A fat woman is trying to diet while an ageing spinster is dying to try it."
- Anon
GregB

Re: Barcelona under Muslim jihadist attack

Postby Val » August 17th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Hi Greg, just hearing about it now, it is awful truly disgusting behaviour, I hope you and your family are safe
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby GregB » August 17th, 2017, 5:31 pm

We're fine thanks, Val (see the edited last sentence in my opening post.)
- Anon
GregB

Postby Val » August 17th, 2017, 6:48 pm

We are getting news here that there are 13 dead and over 40 injured, but it is patchy and not our mainstream news
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby Sprocket » August 17th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Good Lord - this thread was the first I'd heard about it. I've now read about it on the BBC News website. Things are getting seriously out of hand, Europe-wide.
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » August 18th, 2017, 4:56 am

Dreadful. Hope you and yours are OK Greg. I know Roser has wider family there. I note you live in the outer suburbs.

Apparently another terrorist attempt was foiled in Barcelona.
Lyn

Postby GregB » August 18th, 2017, 7:09 am

We're fine thanks, Lyn. Roser's sisters and families are all right, too (one also lives in the suburbs, another in a nearby town and the third in Hamburg.)

Dreadful indeed. The Ramblas is always thronged with people, mostly tourists, especially in summer, so these inhuman murderers chose their target carefully, copying the Nice massacre. I feel so sorry for those who have lost a loved one and in such terrible circumstances, a happy holiday converted into a nightmare.

Yes, a similar attack was foiled in the seaside resort of Cambrils (about 70 miles south of Barcelona.) Fortunately, the local police reacted swiftly, stopping the van and, in a shoot-out, killing the five terrorists who emerged. (Some payback at least.)

Manchester, London (various), Paris, Nice, Brussels, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid (2004) and now Barcelona. As Steve says, it's Europe-wide and it's getting worse.
- Anon
GregB

Postby Pondero » August 18th, 2017, 9:57 am

I am happy that Greg and his family are safe and sound. Something has to be done to stop these horrendous random murders of Innocents on the streets of Spain and everywhere else in the world.
I don't know what that something is..
1600 years ago, or thereabouts, the Visigoths were converted by the Christians. The hope is that we can convert the Muslims today to Christianity.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » August 18th, 2017, 10:07 am

There was an attempt in Antwerp too, this year. I seem to remember another terrorist attack there a few years ago.

(Visigoths aye Pondy? Sounds cool. I think the conversion of the Goths entailed some violence.)
Lyn

Postby GregB » August 18th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Pondero wrote:I am happy that Greg and his family are safe and sound. Something has to be done to stop these horrendous random murders of Innocents on the streets of Spain and everywhere else in the world.
I don't know what that something is..
1600 years ago, or thereabouts, the Visigoths were converted by the Christians. The hope is that we can convert the Muslims today to Christianity.

Thanks Pondero! As for the mass conversion of Muslims to Christianity, I'm afraid that's a totally irreal prospect and as a historian, I have to say that there are no viable parallels with the conversion of the various barbarian tribes from paganism to Christianity (I could expand on that but my keyboard problems set limits!)
- Anon
GregB

Next

Return to Politics