General Prayers

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: General Prayers

Postby different glory » October 9th, 2015, 1:52 am

amen - and be with them all today, at the funeral. Prayers especially for the woman who found the body, who has been asked to give the eulogy - a further ordeal. :(
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby different glory » December 18th, 2015, 10:00 am

This week the weather in South australia has been horrific - getting up close to 43C, which is not unknown in February, but never this early in the summer. One young kid, a seventeen-year-old just three days into his first job in construction,kept on working in the heat and is now in a coma, with possible permanent damage- I feel so sad for him,and hisfamily. Can I ask for your prayers for his complete recovery? Thanks.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » December 18th, 2015, 12:20 pm

That is dreadfully sad news dg and quite horrific.
Lyn

Postby different glory » December 19th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Yes, both very sad and horrific. But blessedly he is now wakened from his coma; the news reports say "very weak" but he is apparently recognising family and has spoken a few words. No assessment yet about possible permanent damage; I guess still prayer is needed for a full recovery for him (and for all employers to realise their responsibilities in such situations).
different glory

Postby different glory » March 24th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Those of you who know about Judy - I visited her in hospital yesterday. She's very ill, with cancer showing up in her liver. Your prayers for her and for Kevin would be greatly valued.
For us all, peace and grace over this Easter time. :wave:
different glory

Postby GregB » March 24th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Yes, of course for the first part and ditto, indeed, for the second.

God help us all in these dark times.
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
- T.S.Eliot 'Four Quartets'.
GregB

Postby different glory » March 25th, 2016, 10:15 am

amen! Grace and hope (and wisdom) so much needed.
different glory

Previous

Return to Prayer and care