General Prayers

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

General Prayers

Postby Sweet Peace » September 22nd, 2011, 10:27 pm

Rather than make a thread for each request, here's a generic prayer thread.

I'd like to ask for prayer for my neighbour to have her stolen car returned. Yesterday she was at the local town hall, setting up a community art exhibition, when her car was stolen. Not only is it the same neighbour who takes us shopping, and the car is not insured, she works hard to make ends meet and it's sad to see her the victim of such a mean act.
Thanks.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Re: General Prayers

Postby different glory » September 23rd, 2011, 12:08 am

That stinks, SP, and I'll certainly pray. (and great idea to have a general prayer request thread!)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Sweet Peace » September 23rd, 2011, 7:28 am

Found! Thanks be to God. She went into town and there was her car, parked at the bus stop.
Sweet Peace

Postby different glory » November 24th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Please, your prayers are asked for a little boy I saw in the lane tonight. He was very frightened. Please pray for his protection and well-being.

Please, Lord. Amen.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » November 25th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Amen.
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » November 26th, 2012, 3:16 am

I pray he is alright.
I'd like to ask for prayer for my family, in particular my son who became quite unwell a week ago and has since moved out to live with firmeds. It's been a very trying few months.
Sweet Peace

Postby Lyn » November 26th, 2012, 3:44 pm

I'll certainly pray for your son SP. I hope he is well soon and happy where he is staying.
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » November 27th, 2012, 3:48 am

Thanks Vix. It's been nerve-wracking. Last night he turned up at 1am and clattered about for most of the night and left in the morning. He and my husband have had some conflict, including a shouting match at 5 am today. Sleep is such a precious gift. I should have set house rules long ago that includes not waking people in the night.
People around our hippy-dippy town are saying there is a global transformation happening - a quickening prior to next month's cataclysm. Has anyone noticed it where they are?
Sweet Peace

Postby Lyn » November 27th, 2012, 1:30 pm

No, nothing unusual sp.
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » November 28th, 2012, 1:42 am

Who knows? The folk in my town are quick to jump at shadows and supernatural happenings.
Meanwhile, back at home base, we at least got a good night's sleep, praise God! I'm going to see a counsellor myself on Friday as it's become clear to me that I'm need help with setting boundaries and making clear requests of how I'd like our household to run.
I am trying to stay prayerful.
Sweet Peace

Next

Return to Prayer and care