Glendale

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Glendale

Postby Bev » August 11th, 2012, 8:54 pm

I mentioned on the Daily Chat thread that Glendale, my ex's boy with his second wife, was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Today, his mom called to tell me he's having a terrible time with the chemo. More upsetting, he tried to pull out all he's hooked up to saying he just wanted to die, that he wanted to go be with his dad. It's probably part to do with the chemo, and his mother being gone so much because she's in the middle of moving house and changing jobs. But, the hospital has someone sitting with him twenty-four hours a day saying he's a suicide risk.

They did another spinal tap Friday, but she hasn't been given the results yet. She said after Tuesday, they'll have more information for her on the extent of the illness and his outlook.

Both really need prayer right now.
Bev

Re: Glendale

Postby Lyn » August 11th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Prayers with Glendale and his mom, Bev. This is a very sad situation. I pray the chemo is successful but also that it isn't continued indefinitely if he cannot bear it, everyone has a different threshold when it comes to this sort of thing. It must also be playing havoc with his diabetes.
Miracles happen though Bev and I am sure we will all join together in praying for one for Glendale.
Lyn

Postby Bev » August 11th, 2012, 11:58 pm

I agree with all you've said here, Vix. Thanks so much for your prayers.
Bev

Postby Bev » August 13th, 2012, 6:22 pm

His mom called this morning and said the spinal fluid is clear, no cancer there. This is very good news and one of the most important tests they use to determine his likelihood for cure. There's still a few other tests, but this first one is a relief. He's in much better spirits now too, she said. Prayers really do make such a difference. So, thanks again to all.
Bev

Postby Lyn » August 13th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Thank God for that. I am so pleased he is in better spirits, I hope he gets some visitors too and that the staff are nice to him.
Lyn

Postby different glory » August 15th, 2012, 11:21 pm

Amen, re thanks to God. And will pray for his further recovery, and for his anxious family, who must have been having a really terrible, wearing time.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Bev » August 16th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Amen. Got a text at 5am this morning. She had taken him home two days ago and was already having to take him back because she couldn't stabilize his blood sugar. I'm still waiting to hear back from her, as I'm just now back home after being out all morning/aft. Now that they've moved house, she has to drive him almost two hours, highway (fast speeds) just to get him back to the hospital. She definitely needs prayer as much as he does right now.
Bev

Postby Lyn » August 24th, 2012, 11:03 am

She certainly does Bev, I feel very sorry for her and I hope she has some moral support from family and friends because she needs to be strong. I know you will tell us of any news regarding Glendale.
Lyn

Postby Bev » August 24th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I should mention that Glendale has not been able to go home. After his first release, within 24 hours he was readmitted because his blood sugar would drop dangerously low. He was stabilized and they were going to release him after two days, but then the doctors said his immune system was now compromised. So the last word was he may get to go home by the end of the month. But, since he's been back in, both his blood sugar and his heart rate (going too high) have been two real struggles.

His last two bone marrow tests show the cancer is there, but the doctors indicate so far it is responding to the treatments.

It is so difficult for his mother, because she moved house and it takes so long for her to get him back to the hospital (an hour and a half highway driving.) Also, she is working so I can imagine the challenges for her are tremendous, having to leave him so far behind to get back to work.
Bev

Postby Sweet Peace » August 27th, 2012, 12:26 am

Prayers for them both. God grant them peace.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Next

Return to Prayer and care