Glendale

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: Glendale

Postby Sweet Peace » September 16th, 2012, 2:44 am

:good:
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Lyn » September 28th, 2012, 11:02 am

Just to say, thinking of Glendale, Bev.
Lyn

Postby Bev » September 28th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Thanks, Vix. He's been in and out of the hospital a couple of times since I last reported. Even though he's in remission, he is still undergoing chemo treatments, and they are hard on his body. The last two admissions were for fever. He's still susceptible to infection, so they have to be careful. He's having to do all of his schooling this year at home via the computer. No doubt, the isolation has to be difficult for him. I can't imagine the easiest of my boys being able to keep inside and away from play and friends for this long.
Bev

Postby Lyn » September 29th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Of course and as he is related to some of your boys, you can imagine it more than most as he must have some of their characteristics.
Regarding school, over here it is possible to miss a year and then go back and make it up. I remember one of the boys at David's school who was nearly 20 when he left (his was a September birthday), because he had been ill, but it didn't really matter, he did well in the end and that was years ago so doesn't matter now. The social life is the hardest part. I feel so sorry for the lad and truly hope and pray that he will recover from this. I know he is not your son but you obviously feel it too. Anything to do with children is very hard to take. Yet there is a good chance that he will recover so we must hang on to that.

I feel bad that I wasn't at the prayer chat meeting yesterday where all three of us pray for Glendale, but I explained why I didn't get there in time and he is in my thoughts and prayers.
Lyn

Postby Bev » September 29th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Thank you all for praying for Glendale. He surely needs it.
Bev

Postby Lyn » October 15th, 2012, 9:09 am

Any more news about Glendale, Bev?
Lyn

Postby Bev » October 15th, 2012, 1:55 pm

He's more into a routine now, and has been able to stay out of the hospital but continues his twice/weekly treatments. Each time they've tested all his different levels, they've been very good, which is hopeful. He's still homebound and having to do his schoolwork by computer.

I would think his biggest hurdle right now is alienation. Just before he was diagnosed with this disease, his mother had transferred jobs and was in the middle of moving away from the town where all her family has lived for years, and where Glendale has always gone to school. She was moving to be closer to a boyfriend she'd met several months before (at a camp sight.) Their new residence is about 200 miles away now, so any family or old friends that would have normally been closer and able to visit are now too far away.

I'm just not sure how he's dealing with all that.
Bev

Postby Lyn » June 7th, 2013, 2:40 pm

I've been meaning to ask about Glendale for ages Bev. What's the news?
Lyn

Postby Bev » June 8th, 2013, 12:05 am

The news is really the same. He's still having treatments, and will soon begin something called "maintenance," which from what I can gather is a less intensive treatment. His maternal grandfather died just a couple of weeks ago, which was a real loss. So, continued prayers are still the best help.

Thanks, Vix, for asking.
Bev

Postby Bev » October 24th, 2013, 3:49 pm

I just wanted to ask those who were praying for Glendale to renew them once again. He was doing so well, and had been on maintenance since just before school began this year. Two nights ago, he suffered what they believe to be a stroke. A sudden and severe headache left him with no feeling from the waist down. He was helicoptered to Hershey medical, where he's been undergoing tests.

I'm concerned that we haven't heard anything yet. The tests results should have been in yesterday.

Glendale is fourteen now.
Bev

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer and care