Prayers for my Abby's Bacca

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: Prayers for my Abby's Bacca

Postby Bev » December 7th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I talked to Jim (Granddada) yesterday, and he said they did a bone scan on her yesterday to see if cancer had spread to her bones. The scan was negative, which is really good news. She's being treated for pneumonia and also septicemia, so please pray the infection succumbs to the rounds of antibiotics they are administering to her. She was supposed to go home today, but they are keeping her as the infection is still there.

On the way home from picking Abby up from school, before we knew the results of the bone scan, she said her mother had told her if they find cancer in the bones there's not much they can do. I agreed, and said that she would have to prepare herself much in the way she had to when it seemed inevitable that her cat would die soon. I then told her about this special thread, how it's been here for five years now, and how so often the people we pray for do better. She wanted to know who you were, and so I told her a little about each one of you, mainly where you lived and something personal about you (she liked that Vix loves her cats.) :D

Anyway, our prayers have now encouraged Abby in a way I hadn't imagined they would, and I'm grateful for you all.
Bev

Postby Lyn » December 7th, 2012, 4:13 pm

That's lovely Bev. I'm so pleased the cancer hasn't progressed to Bacca's bones so that's good news really.
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » December 7th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Praise God for the good result and also for our little online community here. :D
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Bev » December 11th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Got word today, Bacca is home now. She successfully fought off the infection. Thank you so much for your prayers.
Bev

Postby Lyn » December 11th, 2012, 10:01 pm

That is such a relief Bev.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » January 29th, 2015, 8:58 pm

News of Bacca too `Bev.
Lyn

Postby Bev » January 29th, 2015, 10:45 pm

She's still with us, but she is declining now. I believe she wanted to last until Abby had finished school, which she did last year. (Abby just started taking university classes this month.) Abby has mentioned to me several times since Christmas that she feels her Bacca is near her end. She stopped taking chemo about four months ago, and she's been losing a good deal of weight. Abby is being so grown up and mature about it all. I suspect that has a lot to do with how strong her Bacca has been these years.

I'm so very grateful for everyone's prayers. Both her Bacca's and my prayer was that she would be here for Abby's teen years, and she has been in a way that has been very rewarding for both of them. Abby was saying that she's grateful that she will always have good memories of her grandmother, something she wouldn't have had had she only lived the six months the doctors first gave her when Abby was 11 years old.
Bev

Postby different glory » January 30th, 2015, 5:34 am

Thank you for this, Bev. This is moving to read. (And prayers, of course.)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » January 30th, 2015, 10:41 am

Very moving Bev but it is wonderful that she has survived for so long and seen your Abby grow up. I pray for her comfort and peace now.
Lyn

Postby Bev » January 30th, 2015, 4:17 pm

If you remember, please add her granddad to your prayers. Abby is so concerned about how he will do once her Bacca goes.
Bev

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer and care