For me

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: For me

Postby Lyn » November 20th, 2013, 11:37 am

I've only just seen this Bev and am sorry you have had this worry. It's very good news that you don't have to take the steroids - but you don't have to Bev, even if the doc recommends it. Prednisolone is an excellent anti-inflammatory and boosts the immune system but there can be problems when you stop taking it, ie your immune system drops dramatically. Long term use thins the bones too. So try to avoid.
Lyn

Postby Bev » November 20th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Thanks. Yes, Vix, the doctor said it was poison, but sometimes you have to take it (kind of like chemo therapy.) If the symptoms return, I will have to, he said.

Before I knew anything about it, I started taking a probiotic supplement, around the time they first took the biopsies, thinking (since my symptoms were gastric in nature) it might help. The symptoms ebbed over the course of a week or so and finally went away. The doctor said it was good I took them, and that they very well could have caused my remission.

Since then, I've been researching it. There are a lot of studies going on right now, promising studies that are proving there is a link between biota populations (of particular kinds) in the gut and auto immune diseases. Just the other day, I heard a report on NPR about a study where they are finding a link between gut biota (of particular kinds) and anxiety/depression.

This article here is an example of what's out there. It was interesting how changing the biota population in the gut actually changed the personalities of the mice subjects.
Bev

Postby different glory » November 22nd, 2013, 12:43 am

I've only just seen this! (I've been cut off the internet.) I'm sorry and will throw my (late!!) prayers in the ring, for your continued better health. :wave:
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Previous

Return to Prayer and care