Victoria Plum

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: Victoria Plum

Postby Sweet Peace » March 25th, 2014, 9:25 am

Yay! Praise God for miracles, both great and small. Welcome back, Vix.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Bev » March 25th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Dittos on that, SP! Vix, even I feel relief just reading about all you were experiencing that is thankfully going away!

The mindfulness thing is interesting to me. Here, there's been much talk about the health benefits of practicing this daily. I recently switched neurologists to get one closer to home, and he mentioned how practicing mindfulness daily can often reduce or eliminate headaches.
Bev

Postby Lyn » March 25th, 2014, 4:39 pm

It probably can Bev as it is supposed to be a stress reliever. It isn't yoga or anything like that, just a technique. I'm not sure that I would be able to do it because I've always had difficulty in meditating, eg in church when we got together in groups to meditate on a scripture, my mind always wandered elsewhere (sometimes it was funny but that wasn't the point). The only time I really meditated was in a group which was led and I really felt as though I was there, with Jesus, in Nazareth or somewhere else in the region, with his disciples. That is the only time. However it is good for people to be calm and able to appreciate the here and now without worrying about next week - particularly so for kids who have a lot of pressure to pass exams. It's good for anyone. I'll read a bit more and see if I can incorporate it but at a later date. At the moment I am appreciating the here and now and taking everything slowly.
Lyn

Previous

Return to Prayer and care