Victoria Plum

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Victoria Plum

Postby Bev » March 18th, 2014, 10:30 pm

A pm I sent about a week ago has gone unanswered by our Vix, and it has made me want to bring her up here so we can pray for her. I hope she's all right--just taking a needed break.

I also wanted to make a special point to mention here how much I have enjoyed her over the years. I do pray she recovers and joins us here once again.

:hug: :hug: (For you, Vix.)
Bev

Re: Victoria Plum

Postby GregB » March 18th, 2014, 10:51 pm

I wholeheartedly second that, Bev.
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby different glory » March 19th, 2014, 8:51 am

Absolutely yes on both counts -- on praying (of course!) and on how very much I value VP as a person, on these boards or off (not that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting - but I'd really like to!)

Praying - the night can be long, but the morning is certain. (psalm 130,v 5&6)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Sweet Peace » March 20th, 2014, 1:24 pm

You are loved and missed, Vix. :hug:
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Lyn » March 24th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Thank you all. I am very touched.

I'm getting there gradually. A few weeks ago I thought I was going to die and so did everyone else. I wouldn'I have minded because there was absolutely no quality of life. I look like a skeleton but have been eating well for the past couple of weeks so that is an issue that can be addressed. Still a bit shaky but the improvement is remarkable. Sleeping naturally, not for many hours but the quality of sleep is good. Even my doctors are pleased with me! The whole experience has been very sobering and I have learned much from it, most of all how much I am valued. Good health is not something to be taken for granted.

God bless you all, keep up the prayers please and I will be back regularly as soon as I can. It is good to be able to type on the computer again without any visual disturbance!

Many thanks again. I am going to look at my messages (I have five), please forgive me if I do not answer them.

Take care, L xxxx
Lyn

Postby Bev » March 24th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Excellent news and so good to hear from you Vix. I'm happy to read you are taking a good turn there. :hug: :hug:
Bev

Postby Lyn » March 24th, 2014, 11:29 pm

Thanks Bev. It is good to be back, even if I am taking "baby steps" which I have been advised to do. I am heartened by the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me; I had no idea that post concussion syndrome could take so long to recover but the bone in my skull was bruised. It was pretty dreadful when I had blackouts, ataxia, disturbed vision and banging noises in my head, not to mention sleep deprivation. I no longer have to lie on the floor in the recovery positon in case I pass out and now it is just a question of building myself up and gradually taking a bit of exercise, eg walking down to the shops. At the moment my legs are shaky but that will pass. Grateful as always for prayers. x
Lyn

Postby Bev » March 25th, 2014, 12:20 am

Wow, you've been through quite a bit. So glad our prayers are being answered. I feel even more encouraged that faithful prayers will effect even more progress. I'm proud of you, that you are working so hard to recover. It must have taken quite a bit just to do that.

I just want to reiterate what a treasured friend you have become, as odd as that seems given we've never met face to face. :)
Bev

Postby different glory » March 25th, 2014, 4:29 am

Oh, great, to see you back! :yahoo: And :amen: to Bev's point about prayer! Hugs, and ... saying it again! :mrgreen: it's so good to see you back!
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » March 25th, 2014, 7:47 am

Thanks. Another symptom that seems to have disappeared is throat spasm. My larynx went into spasm every few minutes at one time. I was afraid that I might choke, especially as my digestive system was haywire. Though I didn't sleep in the usual sense, I would suddenly go into a stupor where I knew nothing, no drowsiness, no dreams, for a while, maybe three hours. Usuaally if one feels very nauseous they will wake up but nothing would have woken me from that, except a good shake. That was one of the reasons I used to lie on the floor in the recovery position, also sit upright in an armchair for long periods. That symptom gradually reduced and I haven't experienced it at all for about three days. What a relief.

Bev, I haven't really done anything. I lost all my will, had no independence. It is my body recovering naturally and because I can feel the symptoms going and am eating well, I am encouraged. When I went to bed last night I actually took sections of the Sunday paper with me and read some interesting articles which I still remember - one an interview with Desmond Tutu and his daughter where they were talking about the Truth and Reconciliation committee, Nelson Mandela's great legacy, which the Archbishop chaired. Another was a feature about children in school being taught to practice mindfulness as a stress reliever, something which is beneficial to anyone. I wouldn't have been able to read and absorb anything even a couple of weeks ago. For me, all this is a miracle.
Lyn

Next

Return to Prayer and care