Pray for the family of Alice Gross

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Pray for the family of Alice Gross

Postby Serenjen » September 4th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Alice is 14 and went missing last Thursday.

Her rucksack was found by the canal near our home today.

Keep her family in your thoughts during this awful time and pray for her safe return.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29060917
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Re: Pray for the family of Alice Gross

Postby Lyn » September 4th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Will do 'jen, thank you bringing this to our attention. An extremely anxious, frightening time for her family. Please God she is safe and will be found.
Lyn

Postby different glory » September 5th, 2014, 9:03 am

Will pray indeed, for them and for her.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Sweet Peace » September 5th, 2014, 1:29 pm

May God bless her and send grace to her family and friends.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Serenjen » September 5th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Still missing.

My brother is missing, so I kind understand a little of what they are going through. But he's an adult, and a repeat missing person. So we have been a bit blasé about him.

But this, awful. She's just a child. But no news is good news.
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Postby Lyn » September 5th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Every parents nightmare 'jen. I feel for them all. I hope the rucksack by the canal is just a red herring and that she is somewhere safe. Reminds me of that Irish dramatised true story which was serialised on television recently, Amber. They still didn't know what had happened to her at the end - and that is how it ended. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Let us pray for a positive outcome for this young girl and her family, poor things. It's heartbreaking.
Lyn

Postby Serenjen » September 7th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Not looking too good, but while there is hope we'll continue with posters, facebooking and twittering.
Serenjen

Postby Lyn » September 7th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Alice's disappearance has just featured on the London news 'jen, I saw it yesterday too. CC TV of the tow path at the approximate time she was there, they were asking cyclists to come forward in case they'd seen her but I somehow doubt they did. However, as you say, where there's life there's hope. Poor young girl, whatever has happened she must have been so sad. I hope she still is, in that case there would be hope for her to get back to her family and be helped. They must be distraught.

(Very sorry too about your brother 'jen. You haven't said much about him but I remember he was a primary school teacher and you and family were all fond of him. Hoping he's just travelling, as so many young single people do, and been out of touch for a while.)
Lyn

Postby Serenjen » September 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Still missing :cry:

Had a difficult conversation with Ben this morning on the way to swimming class. The area is now covered with posters and yellow ribbons. Ben said Alice wasn't coming back was she and I had to say we must not lose hope. Then he said:

Alice went out without her mum and dad on the canal and now she's been kidnapped and murdered.

Unfortunately, this is looking likely.

I cannot even being to understand what this family are going through
Serenjen

Postby Lyn » September 27th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Seeing her so often on the nws these days makes it all more real, she is a beautiful young girl and you were right to tell Ben that we mustn't give up hope. However, being realistic, she has been missing quite a while. Very sad business indeed.
Lyn

Next

Return to Prayer and care