Pray for the family of Alice Gross

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: Pray for the family of Alice Gross

Postby Lyn » October 1st, 2014, 4:29 pm

Though there has not yet been official identification, the body of a young girl has been found in the river and the police are now treating the case of missing Alice Gross as a murder enquiry. I saw this on the internet late last night, or during the night, where it was said that the police would make a statement this morning, which they did. This is terribly sad news (though not entirely unexpected), I was just watching her parents on the news, a recording from when they made an appeal a while back for anyone with any idea where Alice was, or who may have seen her the night she went missing, to please contact the police. It now seems that their worst nightmare is realised. She has a sister who must be be traumatised too. Many local people were interviewed on the news, it really hits home when something like this happens on the doorstep (thinking of you 'jen).

Lots of prayers needed for Alice's family and for the police who are investigating the murder, there is a suspect who has disappeared. I hope they find him soon or whoever is responsible.
Lyn

Postby Serenjen » October 1st, 2014, 8:46 pm

Yeah, it's kind of the news we knew was coming one day.

While waiting at the bus stop this morning my friend was walking her kids to school, she has two primary age and one high school (at Alice's school). She crossed over and asked me if I'd heard, I had :(

She collected a boy at the bus stop from Alice's school the bus stop saying "walk with us" Today was not really a day to be alone.

I collected my own boys from school this afternoon and decided not to mention it unless asked. Ben came straight out with it. He said his teacher held prayers in the classroom and she was so very sad. I said it's a very sad thing to happen. But I said to remember all the people who helped look, who put up posters and ribbons. Hundreds of good people and just one bad person.

Poor Alice. Poor family.
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Postby different glory » October 3rd, 2014, 9:16 am

Enormous sadness.Thank you, both, for the news,and thanks for the reminder, Serenjen " to remember all the people who helped look, who put up posters and ribbons. Hundreds of good people and just one bad person."

Remembering with prayers.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Serenjen » October 12th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Hopefully this works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Postby different glory » October 13th, 2014, 8:43 am

The picture worked. Thanks, Jen.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » October 13th, 2014, 9:26 am

That's lovely 'jen.
Lyn

Previous

Return to Prayer and care