Prayers for Maz

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

Re: Prayers for Maz

Postby Palaeologus » February 22nd, 2015, 9:56 am

Poor Maz. I'm very sorry. Prayers from me.
Concepts create idols; only wonder grasps anything.
- St Gregory of Nyssa
Palaeologus

Postby Lyn » February 23rd, 2015, 11:07 am

This is a very sad business and makes us all think how fragile we are and must make the most of our lives. Not going off the point of Maz and her her family who must be grief stricken. I think Dave (her husband) was about 65, no age by today's standards. I sincerely hope Maz can cope, thank God she has a good brother and sister and two grown up children to give her support.
Lyn

Postby Bev » February 23rd, 2015, 4:56 pm

He was 64, Vix. And yes, young by today's standards. It was a terrible shock, and I suspect I can relate. When we lost my father after only a week of illness, we were in shock. It took some time for the shock to wear off, but I remember clearly that first week after he died being more like a dream than anything real.
Bev

Postby Lyn » February 23rd, 2015, 9:50 pm

It must seem very unreal to Maz too, Bev. she will wake in the early hours and talk to him and then it will hit her. I really feel for her.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » March 4th, 2015, 11:27 am

I can't stop thinking about Maz, how she is feeling and all the arrangements etc, also her children. I wake up in the morning with her on my mind and even dream about her. Poor soul, crying now. Yet I should not feel it so deeply. God help us all.
Lyn

Postby Bev » March 4th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Aww, Vix, I know how you feel. My heart also breaks for her. It's so difficult a time for her and her children. His funeral is the 17th, and after that I suppose things will quiet down. But, I suspect she'll need our prayers even more after that. (I remember how still and sad everything felt after the memorials for my father were over. That's when his absence was so keenly felt.)

Joining you in prayers for her.
Bev

Postby maz » April 21st, 2015, 5:58 pm

Thank you all for the caring - and the empathy (don't distress yourself too much Vix xx).
I am seeing some hope - I was listening to a song earlier which had the words about 'turning the page.'
(I think it was 'The Way We Were').
Not to sound blase, far from it - I can be practical and hopeful one minute, and in despair the next, which seems normal from what others write.
We were married 26 years last September, and because he was signed off by the doc because of crumbling discs etc (years ago), we were together day in day out - most of the time...
very hard, for many reasons now, for me and my 25 year old son, (who lives with me) especially - and my 22 year old daughter who is maturing fast.
He passed away 2 weeks 2 days after the diagnosis. No treatment could be offered.
I have so much praise for the lovely 'Hospice at Home' team from the local John Taylor Hospice, who were sent in to help me after a while.
Had my first bereavement counselling session there yesterday and while I was waiting in the foyer for the counsellor saw two of the nurses who used to come in every day - Nigel (who came to the funeral), and Ann (I think she is called). It was like seeing old friends.
People can be so loving.
Thank you.
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Postby Serenjen » April 21st, 2015, 7:42 pm

I've only just seen this, I'm so sorry for your loss.

As shocking as it is to go so quickly, at least he didn't have to endure a long drawn out suffering. But that doesn't make it any easier for you though.
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Postby Val » April 22nd, 2015, 10:02 am

Maz, I cannot even imagine what it is like to lose a loved life partner and all I can offer are a few inadequate words of sympathy, but know that you are in my thoughts, I've been told by those who have been through the same process that there will come a time when you will remember with great fondness those treasured memories of all those years together.

Val
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
It gives a lovely light!

Edna St. Vincent Millay
Val

Postby different glory » April 24th, 2015, 8:48 am

Maz - thank you for posting here. Our prayers for you and your family continue - and if you want to drop in for a chat, that'd be great.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

PreviousNext

Return to Prayer and care