This is getting old

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

This is getting old

Postby Serenjen » July 30th, 2016, 7:53 am

My brother is in intensive care... deteriorating rather than improving. We're in a waiting game...
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Re: This is getting old

Postby Pondero » July 30th, 2016, 11:13 am

Serenjen wrote:My brother is in intensive care... deteriorating rather than improving. We're in a waiting game...

I will pray for him and for his family too.
“ignorance of the fact that man has a wounded nature inclined to evil gives rise to serious errors in the areas of education, politics, social action, and morals” (#407).
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » July 30th, 2016, 9:40 pm

I am so, so sorry 'jen. I will pray for him, for you and your parents too. I know how close you are.
A while back you said your brother was joining you in Yorkshire; is he in hospital in Yorkshire or London?
Lyn

Postby Serenjen » August 1st, 2016, 10:33 pm

In London.

Nothing seems to work out for him :(

OK so he seems to be improving, slowly but still in a critical condition. The medical team have said they're learning a lot from him. They'd normally expect a seemingly healthy young man to have left critical care by now. But he's still there making their difficult :lol:

So, he's not in a good way. But so far he has avoided having to have his blood artificially oxygenated (so by machine rather than lungs) and kidney dialysis. But he is facing having a tracheostomy.

Nursing team are fab. No evidence of a lack of care over the weekend. In fact, if it wasn't for the team working with him on Sunday he'd be dead already.

He's fiercely anti-religion,well maybe anti Catholic since he's gay (I've told him they have to learn to accept us deviants). This posed a difficult situation when dad wanted a priest to give him the last rites. I said to dad, do whatever you want, as a parent your wishes come first. He gave up his rights when he overdosed.

In case you've not noticed, I'm a little bit angry. I had to watch my mother sing happy birthday to his 'body'.

But as angry as I am, I'm still there every day playing Kylie (cliché) to bring him around. So. I. Can. Kill. Him. Myself :twisted:
It’s real easy to say you’re 100% against abortion when you’ll never have to make that decision.
Serenjen

Postby Pondero » August 1st, 2016, 11:07 pm

I will continue to offer prayers for him at Mass Tuesday.
“ignorance of the fact that man has a wounded nature inclined to evil gives rise to serious errors in the areas of education, politics, social action, and morals” (#407).
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » August 2nd, 2016, 12:52 am

This is awful for you 'jen. There's nothing I can say that will help, I wish there was. Except that when I read what you write about your brother, I can feel a little bit of your pain and anger.
Lyn

Postby different glory » August 19th, 2016, 8:49 am

Still praying for him and you all, Jen. How're things?
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Serenjen » August 21st, 2016, 9:45 pm

Hey all.

It's been a rollercoaster. Some ups and huge downs. However, he seems to be improving steadily now. I think it's started to hit him how serious this has been.

Let's see what the future brings...
Serenjen

Postby Lyn » August 21st, 2016, 9:49 pm

Glad to hear from you 'jen, I was wondering about your brother (& you and family) this afternoon.
Good news that he is recovering, please God it continues.
Lyn

Postby different glory » August 29th, 2016, 9:25 am

That's so good to hear, that he's improving steadily. I'll/we'll keep right on praying, for him and for you all (and for the medical team). :)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Next

Return to Prayer and care