For Laurel

For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about.
Forum rules
For prayer requests, or just to mention the people or situations we are concerned about. Open to all

For Laurel

Postby different glory » January 25th, 2017, 11:34 am

An older woman - 90s, I guess - and a staunch Christian,. Her life is currently drawing to a close. She is unafraid, and indeed happy to give her life into God's hands. Still, please pray - for her, for good medical care, for the family, including unresolved tensions. Thanks.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Re: For Laurel

Postby Pondero » January 25th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Yes, I will pray for Laurel.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » January 25th, 2017, 7:56 pm

Me too, may God bless her and her family.
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » January 27th, 2017, 2:45 am

Thank you. She was a fine example of a dedicated Christian. Not without her flaws but very straightforward. I loved her immensely. Thank you for prayers and most especially for my husband who feels to be the black sheep and my youngest son who has had difficulties lately.
God bless!
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Pondero » January 27th, 2017, 10:30 am

I will pray for you and your family Sweet Peace, today at morning Mass.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Postby different glory » February 2nd, 2017, 8:07 am

I know SP is grateful for your prayers, Lyn and Pondy. Laurel's funeral is tomorrow, Friday - so if you feel like continuing your support...
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Lyn » February 2nd, 2017, 10:13 am

Oh yes, that all goes off well. I've no doubt it will.
A miracle would be some healing for anyone at the funeral who has guilt feelings about their lives, I believe that could happen. A funeral can be a great occasion for reconciliation.

RIP Laurel (I like the name). How wonderful to die at a very old age leave so many happy memories behind.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » February 2nd, 2017, 10:29 am

Again at Mass I will pray for Laurel.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » February 2nd, 2017, 1:09 pm

SP please come back and tell us about the funeral. Thanks. xx
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » February 13th, 2017, 3:38 am

Hi Lyn. I did post here and on the thread Rose started about being a Christian but my posts have vanished. :(
The funeral was a good mixture of warmth and solemnity. People spoke so fondly of Laurel, and one person had the whole room laugh at his relating to how fierce Laurel could be -once a couple of men approached Geoff (my FIL) and suggested that perhaps it wasn't appropriate that his wife sat embroidering through the long sermons or teachings. Geoff replied, would you like to take that up with Laurel?
There were about 200-250 people attending. The chapel at the Lutheran nursing home was just big enough. The service was followed by a cuppa and then a picnic for the family at the same parkland reserve where we celebrated my MIL's 90th birthday four years ago.
Thanks Lyn and Pondy and all who prayed.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Next

Return to Prayer and care