Heaven is for real.

For Christians to talk about their faith together, and build one another up.
Forum rules
For Christians to talk about their faith together, and build one another up. Non-Christians may post here but should respect the Christian emphasis of this section.

Re: Heaven is for real.

Postby Lyn » February 17th, 2015, 7:58 pm

I wish people would keep their NDEs to themselves, maybe cherishing them as happy experiences. We had a couple of people on our forums who had NDEs, one believed that everything bad they had ever done would be done to them and the other had weird experiences - but they couldn't forget them. I'm glad I've never had one, even though I have been in a coma. I just woke up and wondered what I was doing in hospital.

A friend of mine sent me a DVD for Christmas called "Heaven is for Real", but I can't get my dvd player to work. I doubt I'd watch it anyway.
Lyn

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » February 18th, 2015, 2:58 pm

GregB wrote:In any case, conversion to Christ involves recognition of one's own sinful condition, repentance, faith in the tenets of the gospel in the teachings of Christ.

A very important point, in my opinion.

In the account of the rich man and Lazarus, what did the rich man want to do? Send someone back to warn his brothers to repent. To date, I have never heard of a NDE where someone comes back with this message.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Lyn » February 19th, 2015, 10:42 am

hear hear
Lyn

Previous

Return to The Christian bit