Oh Boundless Salvation

Prayers, hymns, images etc
Forum rules
Post prayers, hymns, images etc here, but please respect copyright. If it belongs to someone else, get their permission first.

Oh Boundless Salvation

Postby Sprocket » February 23rd, 2014, 1:31 pm

Alias 'The Founder's Song', because it was written by William Booth, here sung by Sunderland Millhead Salvation Army. I love Sally Army Brass Bands, and the general glorious silliness of the SA, Gawd bless 'em.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Re: Oh Boundless Salvation

Postby maz » February 1st, 2016, 4:20 pm

I love them - some sections of it more than others, but, especially William & Catherine and their beginnings - so worthwhile reading some biogs of them. I have a couple* and re-read them a couple of years ago.
* One is signed by their great granddaughter (?) Catherine Bramwell-Booth who was the leader of the S.A. when she signed it (I think early 70's from memory). Got that one, and the other one from a charity shop which is where many of my paperback books are from.
I remember in the 90's an old Sally Army song 'Send the Fire' was being sung a lot (revived) in 'new church' meetings (as well as in some Anglican/Baptist etc that I visited), and is on a CD that I bought at that time.
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Return to Inspirational