Today's Scripture Verse

Prayers, hymns, images etc
Forum rules
Post prayers, hymns, images etc here, but please respect copyright. If it belongs to someone else, get their permission first.

Re: Today's Scripture Verse

Postby Lyn » December 13th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Hope you give us one for Christmas this year Greg!
Lyn

Postby GregB » December 14th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Lyn wrote:Hope you give us one for Christmas this year Greg!

Watch this space...! ;)
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby GregB » December 25th, 2017, 8:33 am

Two verses, in fact, among my favourites. A few brief reflections:

"For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light." - Psalm 36:9
That's a wonderful thought. The source of life is God and Jesus is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6), life which he brings to these shadowlands in abundance (John 10:10.) He is also the Light of the World (John 8:12*) and his truth illuminates the shadowlands of this existence, now seen 'through a glass darkly'. Only in his light can we discern the true light of God's revelation and salvation and, come what may, live in faith and hope.

"Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; They will behold a far-distant land." - Isaiah 33:17
Jesus is the true King and his truth has its own pure, unsullied beauty. From a humble beginning in a stable he grew to proclaim that truth, dying on the cross wearing the crown of thorns as a mockery of his real kingship. But he rose from the dead to bear reality to his promise of eternal life for those who follow him, who will one day enter that far-distant land, the Kingdom of God, now seen through the Gospel message and the words of Christ. Now, let's bring our own gifts of faith, hope and charity to that stable door...

["I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."]
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby Lyn » December 25th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Lovely, just what I needed. Thank you.
Lyn

Postby maz » April 13th, 2018, 9:28 pm

In Your Light we see Light - very true...
this says 'from Wales' I think a mis-type as it is from the Dales bible week in 1984 Harrogate showground/camping (as other videos say) - I was there.
https://youtu.be/WLXc53ePlno
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Postby Pondero » April 16th, 2018, 1:41 am

Let nothing disturb you.

Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

St Teresa of Avila
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Previous

Return to Inspirational