Today's Scripture Verse

Prayers, hymns, images etc
Forum rules
Post prayers, hymns, images etc here, but please respect copyright. If it belongs to someone else, get their permission first.

Today's Scripture Verse

Postby Bev » January 28th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Here would be the place to list the scripture you read from your daily planner, calendar, or the like that features a daily Bible verse. Mine comes from my new home page, so I thought I would share it here. Blessings.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33 KJV)
Bev

Re: Today's Scripture Verse

Postby Sweet Peace » January 28th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Excellent idea, Bev.

Mine comes from Every Day With Jesus -
'If you really keep the royal law found in scripture, "Love your neighbour as yourself", you are doing right.' James 2:8
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

36th Tuesday after Pentecost

Postby Theophilus » January 29th, 2008, 2:04 am

The lectionary I follow has at least 1 epistle reading and one gospel reading per day, and they're a little longer than one verse. I'll post the epistle reading for today (the 36th Tuesday after Pentecost):

See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven." And I appeal to you, brethren, bear with the word of exhortation, for I have written to you in few words. Know that our brother Timothy has been set free, with whom I shall see you if he comes shortly. Greet all those who rule over you, and all the saints. Those from Italy greet you.
Grace be with you all. Amen.
(Heb. 12:25-26, 13:22-25)

http://www.bombaxo.com/greek.html
Last edited by Theophilus on February 3rd, 2008, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby hughm » January 29th, 2008, 9:27 am

Hi all

Great verses. I just read my bible randomly and let the spirit guide me.

Today i read the following words : "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

God bless

Hugh :hello:
God bless

Hugh :hello:
hughm

Postby Bev » January 29th, 2008, 1:06 pm

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (Col 2:6,7 KJV)
Bev

Postby Sweet Peace » January 30th, 2008, 12:10 am

Romans 13:8  Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

from the readings for the 36th Wednesday after Pentecost

Postby Theophilus » January 30th, 2008, 2:30 am

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation, but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.

James 1: 2-10
Last edited by Theophilus on February 3rd, 2008, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Bev » January 30th, 2008, 2:01 pm

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life as a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45 KJV)
Bev

Postby Lyn » January 30th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Mark 4:1-20 (New International Version)

Mark 4

The Parable of the Sower

1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge. 2He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3"Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times."
9Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

10When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that,
" 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

13Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14The farmer sows the word. 15Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. 16Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. 17But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 20Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."
--------------------
Would it be appropriate to copy any commentaries we have read pertaining to our daily Bible readings? Mine has come from Bible Alive.
Lyn

Postby maz » January 30th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I like that version, Vix, whatever it is...it kind of flows...
this jumped out at me, the different rendition.. (like Hugh I depend on Him to lead me into what to read, and there is always something..the rhema).

13 Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?

that kind of spoke to me...

quite!

I am getting to understand Jesus' humanity more than I used to.
It's a revelation that He wasn't sinning (as He was without sin), even when speaking more strongly than I have sometimes dared to.
Instead my frustration has gone inside and made me ill I think.
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Next

Return to Inspirational