Should auld acquaintance come back?

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Re: Should auld acquaintance come back?

Postby Lyn » April 11th, 2011, 5:50 am

I didn't like the bubble skirt, other than that the clothes look very cheerful.
I like floaty skirts, bias cut, calf length. I am also fond of linen, cotton and silk, pretty colours like blue, pink and lilac, also pinky lilac. I don't care for green though don't mind if green is part of the pattern. Only recently started wearing red. My hair used be more red when I was young and I avoided wearing any shade of red for fear of clashing. Now I wear red occasionally, bought myself a red evening dress a few weeks ago, for use later in the year. Funnily enough my favourite dress from last year, which I have only worn once, is black but with a multi coloured floral pattern. I wore it with a deep lilac coloured waterfall cardigan and it looked quite nice. I wear casual most of the time, trousers and jeans, as long as they fit properly they look fine. I don't have much in the way of posterior so have to be careful they are not baggy around the bum. Mens trousers fit me best but you can't usually get the pastel colours in lightweight fabrics which I like so much for warmer weather. I did buy myself a black pair of mens trousers in the winter which are quite smart but another really gorgeous pair of black pin striped made from a light weight fabric made of (non itchy) wool and silk, are a perfect fit and look fabulous. I am fond of jackets and also like waterfall cardigans. Shoes and handbags are my passion though. I like to colour co-ordinate. I used to go as far as colour co-ordinating my nail varnish and jewellery but that was when I was at work.
Lyn

Postby brenda » April 11th, 2011, 7:07 am

No I don`t like the bubble skirt either but I like the quirkiness of the clothes and the way you can layer things. They also have such a nice feel to them. The trousers hang nicely but the sizes of all the clothes are a litle off - sometimes the small fits me but other times I have to go to medium. I got a few things in the January sale and absolutely love the silk sweaters and two dresses I got, one in a heavy red material which feels so good to wear. I love greens especialy lime and don`t go for pinks so much or red as my complexion always seemed to have a redish tint but it is better nowadays since I gave up gluten. I haven`t gone for the waterfalls as I worry in case they look old fashioned one day - I prefer things that will not age and are unusual. Someone told me that these clothes last forever. When I got back to the uk I was shocked to see older women wearing young fashions as it is not done here - they wear elegant or the Berlin style of quirkiness. Most of the young girls wear jeans and black tops - they don`t seem to have as much spare money and clothes are more expensive and better quality. When a German buys shoes they expect them to last 20 years. I am thinking of buying the sandals in dark brown but they are a bit pricey. I saw them in the shop though and they will last forever and I would not get fed up with the style...Wow vix you cordinated nail varnish.
brenda

Postby Lyn » April 11th, 2011, 10:06 am

Yeah well that was then but not now. Now I consider myself fortunate to have nails, never mind different coloured ones.
Lyn

Postby brenda » April 11th, 2011, 10:52 am

:lol:
brenda

Previous

Return to Welcome