Should auld acquaintance come back?

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Re: Should auld acquaintance come back?

Postby Pondero » April 4th, 2011, 10:12 am

Are you connected Chris with the TDCSB or the government of Ontario, in some manner, introducing Equity policies for McGuinty in all boards, or a University professor from York U. with the name Christopher D'Souza?

Whoa, I am answering someone who last wrote here in 2009. What is happening!
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Postby hughm » April 4th, 2011, 12:27 pm

maz wrote:hello yourself Hugh!!! :hello:
nice to see our 'old' gentleman friend around :wave:

Hi Maz

Hello to you too dear.

How have you been ? Well i hope.

Hopefully we'll catch up on a few of these threads.

God bless

Hugh :hello:
God bless

hughm

Postby Lyn » April 5th, 2011, 9:21 am

hughm wrote:Hi Chris

Welcome back, you have been missed.

God bless

Chris's last post was 2009 Hugh! He didn't stay around long. Your post has prompted me to revisit this thread and I see that he was Christopher D'Souza whom I do remember from the Beeb, years ago.
Lyn

Postby maz » April 5th, 2011, 10:42 am

time really flies!!Image

I can hardly believe it was 2003 when some of us met on Premier forum
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Postby Lyn » April 5th, 2011, 11:56 am

Yes indeed and I started on the Beeb in 2001, where I first met Hugh, LynneD(Sweet Caroline),Tim, Rose-Mary etc.
Ten years of my life on the internet - aaargh!
Lyn

Postby Pondero » April 5th, 2011, 3:46 pm

I hope he is not the Christopher D"Souza mentioned in my earlier post as he is problem for the trustees of the TDCSB. I received an E mail from one trustee this morning in reply to my message to him. I note that C.D'S is from Toronto, but there are lots of D'Souzas in the phone book.
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Postby Bev » April 5th, 2011, 8:26 pm

I should probably admit that a few of you have become part of my real world, as I often recount something you've posted to family or friends in conversation (usually related to the topic.)

But, yesterday, I realized the cyber aspect to your identities leave something lacking, especially when I'm laughing and trying to recount something funny that has been said (like yesterday's discussion about nudity and England, and all the humorous links or clips in response. I must add that you, Vix, got a good laugh from the others :mrgreen:, as did your "A Handbag!" clip, Greg. :lol: )

Even though some of us have been together nigh on ten years (for me about eight now), having such dear cyber friends become more and more a part of your everyday life is a new phenomenon. Sometimes I'm very aware how curiously this strains the traditional definition of ones "social circle." (It's more like a half circle that lies just beyond the parameter of my real-life circle of friends and family.)

Also, most of you (not all) are known most by your first name (your forum name), and your last name (where you're from) even further distancing you as real, genuinely real people. The stronger the bonds of friendship become, the stranger it all seems in a way.

(There has to be a good work of fiction that can come out of this kind of experience! ;) )
Bev

Postby hughm » April 8th, 2011, 8:38 am

Victoria Plum wrote:Yes indeed and I started on the Beeb in 2001, where I first met Hugh, LynneD(Sweet Caroline),Tim, Rose-Mary etc.
Ten years of my life on the internet - aaargh!

Hi Vix

Has it been 10 years already ? :o

My my how time flies eh? :eek:

God bless

God bless

hughm

Postby Lyn » April 8th, 2011, 8:56 am

Indeed. I remember telling all on the Beeb about my friend, Jane, who died suddenly at the end of 2000 (before I started posted on the internet), and we took on her young cat Stanley, a Russian blue. He was run over at the end of 2002 and we were both so upset, my husband particularly was devoted to him and I was upset, not only because of himself but because of my link with Jane. I will not forget you, Hugh, being particularly kind to me about that. I expect you have forgotten by now.

I dunno wot I have done to give a laugh Bev. I think you is being unkind, mocking the afflicted, here. I always have a straight face :( . I have just ordered two handbags from Next, one will be here Monday, the other will be despatched in two weeks. Yay! Neither are black, brown or sensible. I was thinking of a new black one but then found one or two/a few black ones that I had forgotten about......

Now, shoes.......
Lyn

Postby hughm » April 8th, 2011, 9:12 am

Hi Vix

Indeed. I remember telling all on the Beeb about my friend, Jane, who died suddenly at the end of 2000 (before I started posted on the internet), and we took on her young cat Stanley, a Russian blue. He was run over at the end of 2002 and we were both so upset, my husband particularly was devoted to him and I was upset, not only because of himself but because of my link with Jane. I will not forget you, Hugh, being particularly kind to me about that. I expect you have forgotten by now.

Vix, what a great memory you have. I'm just glad that we could all be of some support to you during this time.
I've lost count of all the kind words others on the boards have offered my (Including you dear), so its only right, i pass on and return such kidness. (This is what makes St thads so special)

God bless

God bless

hughm

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome