Should auld acquaintance come back?

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Re: Should auld acquaintance come back?

Postby maz » April 8th, 2011, 9:14 am

Victoria Plum wrote: I have just ordered two handbags from Next, one will be here Monday, the other will be despatched in two weeks. Yay! Neither are black, brown or sensible. I was thinking of a new black one but then found one or two/a few black ones that I had forgotten about......

Now, shoes.......
er...
have you been invited to The Wedding? :mrgreen:

I will not forget you, Hugh, being particularly kind to me about that.
wonderful
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Postby brenda » April 8th, 2011, 9:26 am

vix have a look at these

http://www.kipling.com/uk-en/handbags/all-handbags/

I got a messenger bag from Amazon and it is wonderful! They are so lightweight and machione washable. I am finished with leather bags.

People get addicted to these bags and own loads of them.
brenda

Postby Lyn » April 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

No. I cannot begin to imagine what handbag I would take to the Wedding, it certainly wouldn't be from Next (possibly from ebay :-) ), however I have not been invited but will watch the proceedings from my armchair, wearing my best old joggers and my slippers, with my husband by my side - bless. We have been married for thirty six years in October, thinking of renewing our vows.
Lyn

Postby maz » April 8th, 2011, 9:30 am

36 years is a respectable time to renew vows - and a lovely idea...
I have no idea why me and Dave did at 7 years :? [now we're coming up to 23 years]
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Postby Lyn » April 8th, 2011, 9:36 am

Brenda, the Kipling ones advertised are not too badly priced. I have a pale pink one which I bought a couple of weeks ago to go with an outfit. Now I have to wear the outfit.

I bought a black Chloe bag for my son's girlfriend Christmas before last, that was lovely.

I bought a Radley umbrella for my cousin last Christmas and she was over the moon because it was a perfect size to go in her handbag, she was more pleased with the leather coated handbag I got from market stall though.

For myself I don't worry too much about designer labels but I do like good quality. If I don't care for the Next ones when they arrive, I'll take them back to the shop. One is denim, I fancied that.

Just saw your post maz. We have been talking about it recently, we've been through so much and I am now quite devoted to John. Let's face it, I have hardly been easy to live with. Neither has he at times but that was a long time ago in the 1990s, when his first business went bust, all in the past now. We are now like Derby and Joan (never quite worked out what that is but we are). Quite how to do it and where is the next move (and if, because it is really quite enough for us to say it to eachother).
Lyn

Postby brenda » April 8th, 2011, 9:47 am

E-bay and the shopping channels do good deals on Kipling and sales come along. I don`t go for labels but love the quality of these bags. I got a black one which goes with my mulberry coat and I use it every day just for my purse, passport etc. Which one is the pink bag? I looked at Radley bags too. I also bought a Kipling purse and it is the best one I have ever had. I bought a good quality leather one in Berlin but it was showing signs of wear already. This one will last forever.
brenda

Postby Lyn » April 8th, 2011, 10:25 am

I just checked, the new pink one I have is John Rocha, not Kipling.
I have a big brown bag, really nice, which shows some signs of wear. Sometimes they look better for that.
I have my old favourites. I have a lovely beige/ivory one which I bought for my mum's 80th but it does look a bit old fashioned now. She bought me a beautiful black one for Christmas once and it was nicked out of my desk drawer at work. Several handbags went missing that day from all over the building. Apart from the inconvenience of losing purse, keys, chequebook, etc, it was a lovely bag that would have gone on forever. Ah well.

Hee hee, anyone new coming onto the welcome section would think we were obsessed with handbags. We've hardly mentioned shoes!

Anyway, yes, auld acquaintance should come back, with or without accessories.
Lyn

Postby hughm » April 8th, 2011, 10:40 am

Hi Vix

We have been married for thirty six years in October, thinking of renewing our vows.

Congatulations to you both. (So tell us, whats the secret to marriage then ?) this would make a good thread i think.

God bless

Hugh :hello:
God bless

hughm

Postby Lyn » April 8th, 2011, 1:44 pm

I don't think so Hugh, quite honestly. Mine wouldn't anyway :D .
Not 36 years until October so only 35 atm, mere newly weds.
Lyn

Postby hughm » April 8th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Victoria Plum wrote:I don't think so Hugh, quite honestly. Mine wouldn't anyway :D .
Not 36 years until October so only 35 atm, mere newly weds.

Newly weds ? Well they say that we must keep love new.

So care to start a thread on keeping love new after 35 year ? (Please keep it clean too dear :twisted: )
God bless

hughm

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome