Just popped by!

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Just popped by!

Postby sarniajoy » September 28th, 2009, 1:24 pm

I thought I would pop in and see how you are all doing as it is a while since I posted here. I couldn't remember under which name I previously registered so went through the process again.

Rose-Mary
sarniajoy

Re: Just popped by!

Postby Liz » September 28th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Hello R-M,
How are you and your family? We're good (D's just turned 2!) and I'm now trying my hand at tutoring part time. I'm more of a lurker on this board now, with the occassional post, but thought i'd say Hi. Hope you are well xx
Liz

Postby sarniajoy » September 28th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Liz wrote:Hello R-M,
How are you and your family? We're good (D's just turned 2!) and I'm now trying my hand at tutoring part time. I'm more of a lurker on this board now, with the occassional post, but thought i'd say Hi. Hope you are well xx

Hi Liz,

Doesn't time fly? I can't believe our granddaughter is nearly 17 months old and quite the little miss, loving clothes and shoes. :lol:

My husband is probably is as good as it gets now. He is managing to keep up the garden, which is helpful. He gets very frustrated that his mental acuity and speech isn't what is was. We had our Ruby Wedding last month, but celebrated it very quietly. He doesn't cope with parties or too many people, even family.

We will probably have to put our home on the market next year as it is getting a bit too much for us. The children are concerned we are a rather isolated, and want us to find a property which is smaller and more managable. So if anyone wants a rural farmhouse in a quiet, low crime area of North Wales, which comes with its own 'miracle' field, just let me know. :)
sarniajoy

Postby gwinnie » September 28th, 2009, 6:48 pm

:yahoo: lovely to see you again, Rose-Mary :hug:
Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays. * Soren Kierkegaard
gwinnie

Postby sarniajoy » September 28th, 2009, 6:55 pm

gwinnie wrote::yahoo: lovely to see you again, Rose-Mary :hug:

Thank you. :)
sarniajoy

Postby Lynne » October 1st, 2009, 8:32 am

Lovely to see you Rose-Mary! I trust the family are well. Encouraging news about your hubby. Move??? Good luck! Do you still have all your owls? :wave:
Lynne

Postby Bev » October 1st, 2009, 3:49 pm

It's so good to see you back, R-M! How do you feel about selling your famous property? I wonder if your "miracle" garden will be an asset. lol
Bev

Postby sarniajoy » October 1st, 2009, 5:58 pm

We still have the two wooden owls, Lynne.

Bev, fortunately the spooky activity stopped 18 months ago. As for the field, it was an interesting interlude in our lives, but time to move on. We have moved so many times in our 40 years of marriage that I never get too attached to anywhere, although we have lived in this home over twice as long as anywhere else.

Selling a home in the UK is quite a hassle nowadays. You have got to get a HIPs done first (home information pack), which shows what has been done, and what needs doing, I think. That costs a bob or two :shock:

I want our next home to be the last before the nursing home! The trouble is my husband isn't keen to sell, and we can't agree where we want to live, and what sort of place we want to live in. I have power of attorney so could sell it above his head, but that isn't going to make for a good relationship. OH JOY! :roll:
sarniajoy

Postby Bev » October 1st, 2009, 8:15 pm

Interesting that the spooky stuff stopped so long ago. I wonder why.

Selling a house there sounds as complicated as here. Here we have to have something called a survey done--a mapping of property lines, an appraisal--the current value of the home, which includes potential repairs and/or add-ons. After that, it can go on the market. Here, too many homes are now appraised for quite a bit under the owner's original purchase price, so a lot of people are renting the property out instead of selling. We've had our home so long that we would still profit from a sale, but not nearly as much as we would have two years ago.

Saying prayers for you that you'll find just the right place to suit you both and your family's wishes.
Bev

Postby Sweet Peace » October 2nd, 2009, 3:56 am

Welcome back, Rose-Mary. :wave:
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Next

Return to Welcome