Hey - Anybody remember NGL?

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Hey - Anybody remember NGL?

Postby MDM » November 21st, 2010, 1:07 am

Hey!

Is there anybody out there who remembers either me or NGL? Just yesterday I had a massive moment of nostalgia. I remembered a wonderful Christian forum called NGL run by somebody called LittleAngel. We had had such a happy Christian cyber community there. I grew close to many people such as Illuminatio, Victoria Plum (I affectionately called 'Vix'), atheists such as Leonard, Lucifer's Duck etc. There were so many and they are just coming back to me!

It must have been at least two years or since NGL closed down. If there is anybody who remembers it and is on this forum, please post here and say hello.

I want a little re-union, since NGL was the best forum I ever posted on and I suddenely feel very nostalgic for it and all the people who were on it.

Christian love :D
MDM

Re: Hey - Anybody remember NGL?

Postby different glory » November 21st, 2010, 1:21 am

Before my time, I'm afraid, MDM -- but plenty from then will be remembering and be very happy to see you! I'll let you browse through the names yourself, but meanwhile -- I look forward to your posts! Welcome! :D
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby Sweet Peace » November 21st, 2010, 2:01 am

Yes, welcome MDM! :wave: Please stay a while. We could do with some friendly new posters.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Theophilus » November 21st, 2010, 3:18 am

MDM wrote:Hey!

Is there anybody out there who remembers either me or NGL? Just yesterday I had a massive moment of nostalgia. I remembered a wonderful Christian forum called NGL run by somebody called LittleAngel. We had had such a happy Christian cyber community there. I grew close to many people such as Illuminatio, Victoria Plum (I affectionately called 'Vix'), atheists such as Leonard, Lucifer's Duck etc. There were so many and they are just coming back to me!

Hello MDM,

You forgot to mention Blissful Pilgrim, the Wolf, and Flying Finn too. Many of them have given up on forums generally, but I still have the contact details for all of them. The problem with that is that you have to cope with the trauma of knowing all these people you communicated with over the years not only have real names and faces, but often real lives too!
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby GregB » November 21st, 2010, 9:50 am

I have this link to the revamped NGL forum, which seems to be well in the doldrums, even defunct. Perhaps it's been superceded by another version though it never really got off the ground again.
http://nogreaterlove.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Then there's NGLreturns, which was created by the atheist who called himself Shaker. I look in very occasionally but it just seems to go round in the same old circles with the bizarre woman who claims direct guidance by God's voice and who goes by various absurd names in regular conflict with one or other of the resident atheists and with the same old arguments and calumnies recycled ad nauseum. She also regularly criticises one of the Christian moderators as being too liberal and ignorant of real scriptural truth (an accusation she levels against all who disagree with her own, er...sorry, the Holy Spirit's interpretations.)

By the way, here's NGLreturns' address. I've just looked in and it's still very active though looking at a few of the latest posts produces a strong sense of déjà vu...
http://nglreturns.myfreeforum.org/index.php

If you're looking for a good forum - one of the best, in fact - why don't you stick around here instead of just passing through with your address book? ( :mrgreen: )
Last edited by GregB on November 21st, 2010, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The war of peoples will be more terrible than those of kings."
- Winston Churchill (1901)
GregB

Postby Liz » November 21st, 2010, 10:02 am

GregB wrote: If you're looking for a good forum - one of the best, in fact - why don't you stick around here instead of just passing through with your address book? ( :mrgreen: )

:thumbsup: :amen: :thumbsup:
Liz

Postby Sprocket » November 21st, 2010, 1:18 pm

I was on NGL for a while: in fact, I joined twice - first as 'Guardianista', but I didn't post much under that name, and then a year or two later, having completely forgotten I'd joined before, as 'Rambling Syd Rumpo'. I was also on NGLReturns' for a while, but the back-biting, sarcasm and general unpleasantness got a bit wearing, so I stopped posting.
A cat once got frozen to -273 C, but it's 0k now.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » November 21st, 2010, 3:54 pm

I was on it too, and quickly left it as a man called Shaker opposed everything written that didn't agree with his atheistic, pseudo-scientific interpretation of the world. You can't reason with a man like that!
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Bev » November 22nd, 2010, 7:32 pm

Hello MDM! I do remember you well from NGL. Welcome to St. Thads! :yahoo:
Bev

Postby Lyn » December 19th, 2010, 12:31 am

MDM, hi! I am ashamed to say I've only just seen this thread. I don't post much these days but I do at least look in on here every day and I also post on Premier. I regard St Thad's as "home" in the forum world because quite a few of us have been members here and previously on Sparrows forum, from the beginning, so we know eachother quite well. Anyway, it is very nice to see you - I note it was last month when you posted this thread but I hope you come back and say hullo.
Lyn

Next

Return to Welcome