Hey - Anybody remember NGL?

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Re: Hey - Anybody remember NGL?

Postby GregB » March 4th, 2011, 4:16 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by GregB on March 5th, 2011, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate reality but it's still the best place to get a good steak."
- Woody Allen
GregB

Postby sarniajoy » March 4th, 2011, 4:44 pm

GregB wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:I post on nglreturns, which is ok, if a bit slow. It is much better in temperament since a certain poster, whom most of us consider to be unhinged, was banned a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure I know who you mean; if it's the same person, she has been banned from various sites, including this one. She has her sympathisers but, as far as I'm concerned, she's deranged and probably needs psychiatric treatment. We'll never know for sure, but it would be interesting to know how many people uncertain about Christianity she's managed to convert into atheists with her bizarre, 'voices from God' brand of the religion.

You are singing from the same hymn sheet as me in regard to that poster! Claiming to be a Christian they manage to fall out with EVERYONE including other Christians. As you say they usually end up being banned from most forums on which they post, which is sad, one can only conclude they have psychiatric problems. One note of caution where this person is concerned, it is best not to tangle with them as they appear to have 'teeth' outside the virtual world of a forum, as one of two people have found to their cost.
sarniajoy

Postby Sprocket » March 5th, 2011, 9:51 am

Sarniajoy wrote:I post on nglreturns, which is ok, if a bit slow. It is much better in temperament since a certain poster, whom most of us consider to be unhinged, was banned a few weeks ago.
Oh good! It was thoroughly unpleasant when I last visited, which is why I left. Maybe I'll look in again.
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby sarniajoy » March 5th, 2011, 10:20 am

Sprocket wrote:
Oh good! It was thoroughly unpleasant when I last visited, which is why I left. Maybe I'll look in again.

It would be great if the forum could get properly back on its feet again, and people contributed posts which demand healthy debate without the YAH BOO SUCKS element, which put many people off when that particular poster was in residence.
sarniajoy

Postby sally » March 5th, 2011, 10:39 am

Is it really necessary to attack another person like this? Particularly one who isn't even here to defend themselves.
Or for that matter, another forum.

Really doesn't fit with the St Thads ethos.

I'd prefer it if people would reconsider and edit their own posts, please.

Sally
sally

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby GregB » March 5th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Reconsider and edit? OK, I've edited my post out of respect to you, Sally, but I'm afraid I can't reconsider my views on the person in question as I cannot lie to myself. As for the forum in question, I don't think anyone here has attacked it; it's basically a good forum which was spoiled by...oh well, let it drop.
- Woody Allen
GregB

Postby sarniajoy » March 5th, 2011, 12:17 pm

GregB wrote:Reconsider and edit? OK, I've edited my post out of respect to you, Sally, but I'm afraid I can't reconsider my views on the person in question as I cannot lie to myself. As for the forum in question, I don't think anyone here has attacked it; it's basically a good forum which was spoiled by...oh well, let it drop.

I agree with Greg that particular poster is well beyond the pale and deserves all the opprobrium thrown at her! :evil:
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » March 5th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Edit
Last edited by Lyn on March 5th, 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyn

Postby Bev » March 5th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Sally is right. And there's plenty of scripture passages to support why Sally would have the rule here.

But, I so understand the heightened frustrations being expressed here. There does seem to be a need to express the immense frustrations so many have felt, but I'm not sure how one can do that without breaking the rule. Even on the other forum, I started to feel uncomfortable talking about a poster who was being banned from any attempt to respond, even though I understood the reasons.

This whole thing has really challenged my sense of right and wrong and has made me wonder just how a group can resolve such a dilemma without breaking Jesus' rules on gossip and on how to deal with people who have wronged you.
Bev

Postby GregB » March 5th, 2011, 6:24 pm

I think too much is starting to be made of this. We've had Sally's word on it; now, can't we just forget about the soul-searching and drop the whole thing?
- Woody Allen
GregB

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome