Saying goodbye

Come in and say hello
Forum rules
Come in and say hello

Saying goodbye

Postby Bev » March 4th, 2015, 10:20 pm

It's been a long time, and I've grown so very fond of some of you. But, it's time for me to bid St. Thad's farewell. It doesn't feel like the right place for me anymore, and I truly believe I am detracting from some of the more difficult threads, and I don't want to do that. I thought about trying to ignore these threads, but it will be too difficult for me, so it's best for me to just not come back.

I've enjoyed so many of you, and I will miss some of the threads here. I will still send my Christmas Cards, as I don't want to completely break ties with most of you.

Bona nit, all.

Re: Saying goodbye

Postby Pondero » March 5th, 2015, 11:41 am

I disagree with you Bev , as you know when you say Christians should not judge other non-believers. I hope one day you will see the light. Meanwhile, I am very sorry to see you go. I will miss you, and I sincerely hope you change your mind. Perhaps, start a special thread to discuss only judging as you see it.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox

Postby Sprocket » March 5th, 2015, 2:03 pm

I hope you'll change your mind, but if not, see you on FB.
Brendan Behan once went on a lecture tour of Canada. On his arrival, a reporter asked him why he'd come to Canada. Behan replied "I saw an advert that said 'Drink Canada Dry', and I thought 'I'll try anything once!'"

Postby Lyn » March 5th, 2015, 8:02 pm

I'm sorry to see you go too though often think of it myself as I don't enjoy the forum as much as I used to, it can be very boring. As far as you detracting from some threads the point of a debating forum is for people to disagree. I've been on forums where everyone thinks the same and you wonder why they bother, they could talk to themselves. We are getting smaller and smaller though so no doubt others will follow you - maybe me. I'll keep in touch Bev - but not on FB :-).

Postby Sweet Peace » March 6th, 2015, 6:04 am

Oh Bev, you will be sadly missed. :hug:
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby GregB » March 6th, 2015, 8:18 am

Sweet Peace wrote:Oh Bev, you will be sadly missed. :hug:

Yes, indeed. I've already been in touch with Bev privately but I'm adding my voice now to this public chorus of support for her.

AquĆ­ tienes muchos amigos, Bev... :thumbsup:
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
- T.S.Eliot 'Four Quartets'.

Postby different glory » March 7th, 2015, 7:35 pm

Bev, I've been away, apart from one hurried visit to explain that I wouldn't make it to Friday prayers, and I missed this. I'm so sorry that you have found the acrimony so alienating that you have left this community. I do understand that feeling.
I'll miss you - more especially as I have no avenue, FB or otherwise, to say how sorry I am that this has happened. (Maybe someone who has such an avenue could pass along my messages?)
God bless you!
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Return to Welcome