What’s the weather like in your area?

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

What’s the weather like in your area?

Postby Val » July 7th, 2008, 9:39 am

We came back from our holiday in the sun on June 9 and we haven’t seen the bloody thing since that day. we’ve just started our 5th week of almost continuous rain

This morning in Dublin it is 14c, weather forecast says cloudy with a high of 18c and strong thunder showers

Our garden looks like a jungle with weeds growing everywhere and very little colour as all our plants and flowers are at least a month behind

So what has it been like for you?
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stuart Mill

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Val

Re: What’s the weather like in your area?

Postby Lyn » July 7th, 2008, 9:48 am

Very wet though not cold atm but it was hot and sunny for a lot of last week.
Lyn

Postby Sweet Peace » July 7th, 2008, 10:00 am

Beautiful days in the 20's -too warm for winter, nights single digit. We have a daffodils and peach trees flowering already. I'm not complaining about the rain we keep having as many parts of Australia are suffering prolonged drought. The Murray, one of the biggest rivers in the country is almost dry, partly due to irrigation. It's a hot political issue.
Global warming is not good for my knitting business!
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby greenjack » July 7th, 2008, 10:02 am

miserable here in SE London :(
Cheers
GJ
greenjack

Postby Pondero » July 7th, 2008, 10:06 am

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and yesterday were superb . The sun shone brilliantly and it was about 27 degrees C with a cool breeze. That was true for the Metropolitan Toronto region and Up North near Bancroft. There were hardly any mosquitos or black flies around to bite you. I was bitten only once, on the leg while mowing the lawns and that was by a deer fly. Of course down here in Toronto, we have even less flies.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Postby Liz » July 7th, 2008, 10:19 am

I went camping in Brighton over the weekend. Early Sat morning we left Swindon in the rain, as we got closer and closer the rain stopped but there was cloud. After putting up the tent (or rather, after watching Matt struggle with the tent as I tried to stop D crying) the sun came out and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. On Sunday it was cloudy, but the rain didn't start until we had packed the tent back in the car.

Now I'm back home, the weather is rain, grey and miserable.
Liz

Postby greenjack » July 7th, 2008, 10:34 am

also went camping near east grinstead.
sat pretty much sunny & cloudy.
sunday, rained from 10am. We were the only ones who packed our tent away before this while it was dry :D
Cheers
GJ
greenjack

Postby sally » July 7th, 2008, 10:40 am

Variable. At the moment, pretty grey but dry. Most days for the last week or so have been a mixture of sunshine one minute, heavy rain the next.
Some nice weather while we were dancing yesterday, but torrential rain 30 secs after we finished :o
sally

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Theophilus » July 7th, 2008, 12:19 pm

About mid-thirties, going down to early twenties during the evenings. Not pleasant though, so no need to be jealous! Unlike Val I can see the sun - in fact I can often look at it directly such is the thickness of the smog, and see it as a small white disc in the air.

For those of us in the Nothern hemisphere, we're in the dog-days of summer now (the BCP states that they start on the 6th July, but varies from country to country) so it should be the hottest part of the year.
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Bev » July 7th, 2008, 3:52 pm

We've been similar to Sally's area, but we are experiencing thunder, lightning and rain almost every afternoon. Poor Skippy is a nervous wreck, as the lightning has been so frequent. Now, when he hears the patter of rain on the windows, he starts pacing and panting. Poor guy. Val, I fear he'd up and die on me if we lived near you.
Bev

Next

Return to Chatterbox