What’s the weather like in your area?

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

Re: What’s the weather like in your area?

Postby Val » March 11th, 2018, 1:27 pm

Similar here we had a few showers a a strong wind for a few hours but nothing serious, but we still have some snow on the ground here one week after the beast.
Today is 6c and cloudy
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stuart Mill

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Val

Postby Lyn » March 11th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Snow is a thing of the past where I live, almost forgotten about it!
Very mild weather but some rain.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » March 14th, 2018, 11:46 am

It snowed here yesterday and overnight there was a light snowfall. It will soon melt.Winter is over for us in The GTA.
However, in Nova Scotia and in the Eastern United States they are experiencing the full blast of winter.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » March 14th, 2018, 11:53 am

Very bright and breezy today, not cold but apparently we are going to have another cold spell with heavy wind. All the same to me.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » March 17th, 2018, 9:17 am

Snowing heavily. When I got up around 7am and opened door to get milk it was snowing then but rain seemed to wash it away; rain stopped and now il neige plus. Also John's car has been nicked from the drive, the land rover. Just been through the business of reporting it to the Met Police online & he's on to his insurance.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » March 19th, 2018, 10:54 am

There appears to have been no more snow but what fell yesterday is still there, frozen. Cold day but not too bad. Elderly cats sitting beneath radiators, Tom in and out of catflap unfazed by weather. I remember when our Jessica loved sliding about in snow, now she is pushing 18 she doesn't go out, her one remaining daughter, Suzie,who will be 17 in May, is none too keen either.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » March 20th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Snow is all gone, sun shining.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » March 20th, 2018, 1:54 pm

It's the Vernal Equinox, after which the days are longer than the nights until September, and it still feels like midbloodywinter! The snow's gone, but it's bloody cold.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » March 20th, 2018, 2:06 pm

The TV station CP24 just informed me that the Spring Equinox will occur in 2 hours and 17 minutes!

The sun is shining and it is cold and damp outside with a 1degree Celsius temperature.in other words I call it "English weather"
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » March 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm

It's not that cold here, 7degrees, and the sun is shining. According to the Beeb weather, it will be very cold tonight but the temp will go up to 9 tomorrow.

Pondy, we only have temperatures of 1 or less during severe cold snaps, two of which we've had recently; it's usually fairly mild. We also only have thirty degrees (more likely 23 but 30 has been known in places like Torquay), during heat waves of which we generally get a couple or three each year. Last year's were particularly good, September was amazing. In between is pleasant with some rain. However where I live is not bad at all, in the North of England the weather is far worse for freezing temperatures and snow.

We haven't seen Serenjen recently, I hope she's still enjoying Yorkshire. I've just been watching 'Heartbeat' :) .
Lyn

PreviousNext

Return to Chatterbox