Snippets

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

Re: Snippets

Postby gone » January 25th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Pondero wrote:My wife met one of these long 5 foot black snakes in the open garage an hour ago. It was trying to get into our kitchen through the kitchen door. I immediately phoned the company that rents our property to see if it was venomous .It is not.( I used to call the company "The agency" until after watching tv shows here I found the name had more sinister connotations, so now I will call it the rental agency .)It is now hiding in the hibiscus bushes in the front garden. We chased it with brooms, it was a fast moving thing.There are 46 species of snakes in Florida, only 6 of which are venomous.

Southern Black Racer
The southern black racer (Coluber constrictor), also known as the eastern racer, is the “black snake” most commonly found in urban and natural areas throughout all of Florida (Figure 1). These long, slender snakes can grow to 4–5 feet long, and have smooth gray/black scales on their backs and bellies and white chins and throats.

Adult black racers are commonly found sunning themselves on lawns, shrubbery, walkways and fences, and are occasionally found in houses (particularly after rains). Racers are harmless to people and are swift and agile (as their name implies), fleeing rapidly when approached. However, if they are cornered and feel threatened, they may vigorously shake their tail (making a rattling sound on the floor or dry leaves) and may release a foul smelling 'musk' on their captor or even strike if handled. Black racers use their speed to catch a variety of prey, including frogs, lizards, small snakes, birds, and rodents.

I LOVE SNAKES. :)
gone

Postby Pondero » January 25th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Why am I not surprised. :D
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby gone » January 25th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Pondero wrote:Why am I not surprised. :D

Far better than sheep who have to be led. :lol:
gone

Postby Pondero » January 25th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Ever read the temptation of Eve in Genesis?
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby gone » January 30th, 2018, 8:21 am

I have just been told by one of my daughters I am the most wonderful mother in the whole wide world. I said I would have that in writing for when she is telling me off about something! :lol:
gone

Postby Sprocket » February 16th, 2018, 10:13 am

Believe it or not, there are at least two people alive today who had a grandfather born in the 18th Century - in 1790. https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... -grandsons
Modify message
The idiot who, in railway carriages, talks on a mobile phone
We only suffer to ride on the buffer of a Virgin Train, alone.
W.S.Gilbert, modernised.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » February 16th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Surprising.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » March 11th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Some of us Canadians are living above their means!

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/eq ... -1.3884993
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » March 12th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Sprocket wrote:Believe it or not, there are at least two people alive today who had a grandfather born in the 18th Century - in 1790. https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... -grandsons
Modify message

I've no idea where that "Modify message" came from, or what it's supposed to mean!
The idiot who, in railway carriages, talks on a mobile phone
We only suffer to ride on the buffer of a Virgin Train, alone.
W.S.Gilbert, modernised.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » April 21st, 2018, 7:28 pm

Does anyone here except me of course solve Sudoko puzzles?
I have done ten of them in the last two days. I enjoy it, rather than read the current news from the Vatican. :scratch:
John Lennox
Pondero

Previous

Return to Chatterbox